|Published||September 19, 2022|
The CX Centers ACI Professional Services is a team that prioritizes team culture, collaboration, and supporting and growing each other as they work with some of the largest and thought-leading customers in the world. There is a heavy emphasis on communication and collaboration within our team though engineers may have their own independent customer-based projects. We work with our customers to help build solutions, optimize their networks, lead implementations, as well as assist in monitoring and reporting post-implementation, as they enable customers' self-sufficiency on best-in-class Cisco software and solutions. Our team is focused on the Data Center space, specifically focused on ACI.
What You'll Do (Roles and Responsibilities)
You will support our powerful technology ACI! Want to know more about Cisco ACI? Check out this link: www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/data-center-virtualization/application-centric-infrastructure/index.html
* Provide value not only from a technical perspective, but also value with strong, open, and clear communications to your respective audience, whether it's a customer Exec or Engineering Team.
* Provide Planning, Designing, Implementation, Operation and Optimization services to Cisco Professional Services' Customers around Cisco's Data Center products and solutions.
* Participate in the preparation of proposals and Statements of Work.
* Establishes trusted advisor relationships with internal project team and the customer team
* Participates in complex Data Center and Cloud infrastructure (network, storage, and compute) design/implementation and migration, performance engineering or problem resolution projects.
* Solves complex, multi-functional issues that cross many technologies in network, server, storage, O/S, virtualization, consolidation, middleware, security, applications, operations, content switching, caching and/or content delivery networks, and security. Applies a good analytic process to help bring any issue to resolution.
* Provides technical support for customers during software and hardware delivery and validating Proof of Concepts.
* Delivers migration plans, with a thorough understanding on networked applications, services and solutions
* Participates in weekly status meetings and other ad-hoc interactions with the customer handling specific asks from the customer and handling customer expectations
* Support the PM in the resolution of project issues, tracking work you're doing against the engagement as well as recording time spent on required tasks.
* Ensure smooth closure of engagements using a relationship with the customer to guide them to the next step i.e., Sampler service to Assessment Service, Assessment Service to Optimization Service.
Who You'll Work With
CX Center provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for Professional Services delivery teams. While in this role, you will be a part of our CX Centers ACI Team (RTP), but also a part of each of your customer project teams, which is made up of Consulting Engineers from other technologies, Sr Architects within ACI, Project Managers leading the customer project team, Account Team members, as well as the customers themselves.
Who You Are/Minimum Qualifications:
* Requires BS/BE/BTech degree or equivalent plus 6+ years of related experience in IT industry.
* Broad technical knowledge of the data center and its components: Applications, Storage, Network, Server, and projects surrounding their planning, design, implementation, operation, and optimization.
* Architectural knowledge of virtualization tools and concepts. Architectural knowledge of Three-Tiered application environments.
* Familiarity with Business Critical Services (BCS) deliverables is a plus
* Authoritative familiarity with cloud computing concepts including virtualization, web services APIs, elastic infrastructure, distributed data storage (database, block, object), multi-tenancy, and metered usage patterns.
* Understanding of basic components of ACI fabric (ex: Tenant, BD, VRF, APIC), Nexus DC technologies such as vPC, FabricPath, OTV, VXLAN,
* Understanding of ACI implementations being single site, multi-pod, network centric. Knowledge of app-centric and multi-site is a plus.
* Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Bash. Python experience is strongly preferred.
* Networking Familiarity with some of the following: Layer 2 (Spanning tree, vPC, EtherChannel, VLAN, etc), Layer 3 switching /routing (OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, BGP, MPLS, IPv4/6), DNS/DHCP WAN/ISP, network virtualization (N1kv, VRF), basics of higher layer protocols: SSL/TLS, HTTP, real-time traffic (voice/video), NFS, database access protocols. Compute technologies: x86, hypervisor (Openstack/KVM), OS (Linux/Windows), workload mobility
* Cisco's Data Center Product Line: Nexus Products (N7K, N5k, N2k, N1kV), Catalyst products (65xx, 49xx switches), and UCS. Content Switching (OSI Layer 4-7 Switching, Cisco, Citrix, or F5 Load balancers), Caching and Content Delivery.
* Confirmed understanding of SaaS/PaaS and Application Workloads in the context of Data Center Architecture design. Network/Infrastructure Security technologies (Firewall, access control, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, administrative access control) and Compliance (PCI, SOx, HIPAA).
* OSS / BSS, including Network Management Systems, Service Delivery, Service Fulfillment (including the network inventory, activation and provisioning), Service Assurance, Customer Care
* CCNP Preferred, VCP, AWS (or similar Cloud cert) Certification a plus
* Passionate, persuasive, charismatic inspiring leader capable of quickly establishing executive interest in how to architect, deploy and operate the virtualized data center of the future. Understands and can articulate the value and business advantage of data center virtualization techniques and cloud architectures.
* Strong customer-facing consultive and architectural skills.
* The ability to shift from high-level thinking to realistic and pragmatic execution is crucial.
* Ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers. Willingness and ability to work with teams, ability to build relationships using an open and respectful communication and collaboration style
* Cisco's best-practice skills include building relationships, cultural sensitivity, goal alignment, learning agility, and virtual/remote training.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.