|Published||November 17, 2023|
MOTIVATED…..make IT happen!
Sentinel Technologies, Inc. has been rated a top workplace every year since 2012!
Sentinel delivers solutions that can efficiently address a range of IT needs - from security, to communications, to systems & networks, to software applications, to cloud and managed services; all of which include our staffing solutions for our clients. Since 1982, Sentinel has grown from providing technology maintenance services to our current standing as one of the leading IT services and solutions provider in the US. We have aligned with many of today’s global technology leaders including Cisco, Dell, VMware and Microsoft. Sentinel services customers both nationally and internationally with primary support operating centers in Downers Grove (HQ), Chicago, and Springfield, IL; Phoenix, AZ.; Detroit, Lansing, and Grand Rapids, MI; Milwaukee, WI; Denver, CO; and Fort Lauderdale, FL.
If you are MOTIVATED… you can make IT happen at Sentinel. Our commitment to our employees is to create a work environment that encourages creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit, fosters growth through certification and hands-on training, and values a team-oriented culture with rewards based on impact!
If you share our passion about what technology can do and want to be part of a top workplace environment - we’d like to have you join our team. Learn more at www.sentinel.com/careers.
As part of Sentinel's employment process, candidates will be required to complete a background check. Only those who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Sentinel is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetics, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Systems and Networking Specialist with expertise in ACI (Application Centric Infrastructure) to join our dynamic team. This position requires a hybrid work model with 2 days onsite and 3 days remote. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining, documenting, and troubleshooting the network environment. The ideal candidate should possess a strong understanding of networking principles and hands-on experience in system administration, with a focus on ACI. This is a 3-6 month contract requiring you to be in the office 2 days a week in Munster, Indiana.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proven experience in networking and systems administration, with a focus on ACI and related technologies.
- Strong understanding of network protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, and routing protocols.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco ACI, including configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in network security protocols and best practices, with the ability to implement and maintain secure network environments.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to quickly identify and resolve complex network issues.
- Strong documentation skills with the ability to create comprehensive network documentation and reports.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and communicate technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- The candidate must have a car, as this position requires travel between location and the transportation of equipment.
- A valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance will be required.
- Legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Must demonstrate a “can-do” attitude.
We focus on candidates that display our “ACE” factor - Attitude, Compassion, and Enthusiasm to deliver quality solutions with exceptional customer service.
What you get:
We offer weekly competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more.