Cisco ACI Engineer
|Published||May 24, 2023|
- Hands-on experience on High end Switches (Cisco Nexus 7K,5K,2K, Cisco 6500, 4500, 3750, 2900 Series, Client switches) and Routers (Cisco Platform).
- Experience in Cisco APIC is desirable.
- Experience of consolidated networks (voice / video / data) and associated management technologies (QoS, (Cisco), Traffic Shaping and WAN Acceleration (Riverbed, Cisco).
- Detailed knowledge of network concepts and protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, STP, HSRP, Load Balancing, and WAN Acceleration.
- Knowledge and experience of the following vendors technologies (from): Cisco, Client, Riverbed, F5, Infoblox, Aruba.
- Maintain SW perform upgrades as required.
- In depth knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting switching technologies like STP, VTP, Multicast, QOS.
- In depth knowledge WLAN technologies- Cisco/Aruba Wireless, access point, troubleshooting and configuration of wireless infrastructure.
- Implementation & end to end troubleshooting skills in Client Aruba wireless infra, Knowledge in Clearpass Policy manager management, Aruba central management & knowledge in Aruba switching.
- Good Experience with Switching working with wide variety of Cisco, Client, Nexus switches Cisco Nexus Switch N9K, Cisco 2960, Aruba J9772A Cisco SD WAN Router VEDGE 2k/1K.
- Experience with Routing with working exp on Cisco ISR 4k, 1k, ASR series routers.
- Experience with WLC Cisco 55XX, 35XX, HPE Aruba 7XXX, Cisco AIR AP's
- Experience of F5 Load Balancers, NetScaler NSSDX, QIP DDI,
- Experience in Infoblox is must.
- Experience with monitoring and troubleshooting tools like Solar winds, Wireshark.
- Knowledge of 6125 Switches.
- Prepare SOP, HLD/LLD, planning documents, etc.
- Professional-level experience in relevant fields of network. engineering/implementation.
- Knowledge and demonstrated operating experience in the following areas of specialization:
- Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI).
- Subject matter expert on how to create different application policies in the ACI including Tenants, Application Network Profile (ANP), End Point Group (EPG), Contracts, Subjects and Filters.
- Subject Matter Expert on the Fabric Access Policy including how to create switch policies, interface policies, AEPs, Physical and External Domains.
- Subject Matter Expert on Fabric Discovery Activity including Verifying the APIC and Leaf Health.
- Automation and scripting using Python, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Internetworking Routing and Switch, including Cisco Nexus and Catalyst switches, Cisco ISR and ASR routers.
- SDN experience with Cisco DNA and VMware NSX/NSX-T.
- Cloud networking Experience with AWS/Azure.
- WAN Networking Architectures and Protocols.
- SDWAN - Viptela.
- Security Systems and Applications.
- Expert experience with configuring and deploying enterprise-class networks including the following products: Cisco Nexus/Catalyst Product Lines.
- Expert understanding of external L2 / L3 fabric connectivity and experience in L2 / L3 switching Architecture design.
- Must have an advanced understanding in BGP, OSPF, VDC, vPC, VXLAN, ECMP and Fabric.
- Documentation skills (Visio for architecture and network diagrams).
- 8+ years progressively responsible experience in network engineering/architecture.
- Experience working on teams that are responsible for large scale distributed IP Network.
- Certifications are desirable, including CCNA & CCNP,F5 ACMP & CCIE (will be added advantages).
- Lead in resolving issues, leading project activities and troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of Incident, Change Management, Problem, Risk & Capacity management.
- Excellent time management and communications skills, ability to work with remote teams, without day-to-day supervision.
- Ready to work in a 24* 7 environment & with good documentation skills.
- Coach & drive the team with a positive attitude.