|Published||January 23, 2023|
TEKsystems is currently looking for Cisco Implementation Engineer to provide technical implementation services to support the evolution and ongoing support of the IP Network in response to projects (all types), upgrades, service and feature enhancements and for remediation/break-fix services. The work is always in alignment to the current and approved architectural, roadmaps, technology standards and templates, governance and change management policies set forth by the firm. While the role primarily has an implementation and validation engineering focus, a strong understanding of design engineering concepts is required.
What someone's day would look like:
• 60% design & discovery work
• 20% working with release managers/PMs
• 20% administrative (documentation, orders, etc)
The technology areas of focus for the role includes, Data Center and end user networks, public and private Network Transport and Optical systems and emerging technologies (Switched-Ethernet, LTE, etc.), Corporate/Branch and Building Networking including Wireless. Knowledge in related technology areas such as Voice and Voice over IP (VoIP) solutions is a plus. Network Appliance, Video and Unified Communications knowledge are important.
This role also provides networking technical support to Network Operations and partners with the Design and Architecture Engineering teams. An understanding of the role of Operations; troubleshooting practices and the use of proactive and reactive tools is important to the Data Network Implementation Engineer's role.
• Candidate must understand how designs turn into Implementations that are based upon standards and defined strategies.
• Works with Design and Architecture Engineering in a "knowledge sharing" capacity in support of the team's adoption and successful delivery of technology (new), systems or process changes.
• Plays a strong role in project delivery lifecycle management. Partners with the Design Engineering team to create Detailed Implementation Plans for all design, Test and Accept criteria, Back-Out and Validation plans and procedures. Adheres to Project Close-Out practices such as asset tracking, inventories, chargeback, documentation and the related systems, tools, and process updates.
• The Implementation Engineer stands between the project manager, design engineer and operations. They support initiatives as they transition between design, implementation, and operations. They are active in all phases as an SME to support, solve program and facilitates decision making. The goal is to help the orderly and timely execution of projects and initiatives in an optimal, strategic, and low risk way.
• Role performs Q/A function prior to every implementation project. Reviews a design and understands how it is based upon standards and how it matches to the "commission" details (installation, turn-up).
• Technical areas of focus include but are not limited to WAN/MAN, Routing, Switching, Firewalls, Load Balancers, LAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, NAC, QoS, CAC, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, Multicast, NHRP, ATM, PPP, IPv4, IPv6, MPLS, ACL, VNP, Building Wireless/Wi-Fi solutions (802.xx) and carrier "in-building wireless services (DAS) etc. Knowledge of Cable Systems a plus.
network, cisco, subnetting, cloudvision, cloudgenix, wireless solutions, lan wan, latency, load balancing, scripting powershell
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Must have strong CISCO NSO experience and general experience in Network Automation tools and processes.
• Design, Implementation, Support Data Center SDN; ACI/NSX, Arista CloudVision is required
• Design, Implementation, Support SDWAN is required, preferred if on Cloudgenix
• Strong skills in Scripting required; Python, Ansible, PowerShell,
• Strong Automation Skills - Expect, Rancid, REST/SOAP
• Must have software development experience, should think like a software developer.
• Must have a strong knowledge of Network Security.
• Must adhere to global design authority processes and procedures.
• Must demonstrate good computer skills and the use of various applications such as MS Office, MS Visio are required.
• The ability to assemble professional documents and artifacts.
• Must have extensive knowledge and experience using (both reactively and productive) advanced tooling. It includes but is not limited to Sniffer/wire Shark, Prognosis, Scripting, SolarWinds, HP NA/OpsWare/OpenView, etc.
• Application experience with an innovation "mind-set" and how it impacts how engineering work gets done is important. Coding and application design experience is a plus.
• Is responsible for the quality of the service outputs of his/her work.
• Voice/VoIP/UC and Video knowledge (understanding of VoIP/UC systems (i.e., Cisco CUCM, AVAYA Communications Manager, Microsoft LYNC and Skype for Business, etc.) is important.
• Crisis Management experience is a plus.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.