|February 4, 2024
Cisco Network Architect
This role is a Delivery engineering role to implement network solutions for ePlus clients in and around King Of Prussia Pennsylvania. This is a partially remote role, but you must live in or near King of Prussia, PA to be able to visit client sites as needed.
This position is responsible for leading, planning, designing and implementing wired and wireless network infrastructures and next generation security solutions. The successful candidate will have extensive hands-on experience designing and implementing multi-vendor network infrastructures including routers, switches and nextgen firewalls.
- Post sales technical delivery and engineering of Cisco LAN, WAN and security solutions.
- Design and implement Cisco Data Center and Campus network solutions that accurately reflect the customer stated objectives.
- Design and implement next generation security solutions including Cisco Firepower, Palo Alto and Fortinet firewalls.
- Experience implementing Cisco TrustSec software-defined network segmentation.
- Design and implement secure access to network resources for both wired and wireless clients utilizing Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE).
- Design and implement wireless network solutions including wireless LAN controllers, access points, and cloud based wireless network solutions.
- Experience with software defined network architecture including Cisco ACI, DNA Center, SD Access and SD WAN is beneficial.
Your Corporate Responsibilities:
Internal Control responsibilities vary by role and are subject to change. Please discuss your individual internal control responsibilities with your immediate supervisor on a regular basis.
- Handle confidential matters and information professionally
- Conduct business in a professional, competent and ethical manner
- Adhere to corporate policies and procedures
Education and experience:
- BS in Computer Science or related technical degree required, or equivalent experience
- 5 years practical experience implementing Cisco wired and wireless network infrastructures
- Experience with Cisco ISR Routers, and Cisco Ethernet switching including Nexus Data Center switches and Catalyst Campus switches
- Understand highly available, resilient, and scalable network infrastructure and services
- Proficiency with TCP/IP, sub-netting, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, NAT
- Proficient with IP Routing Protocols (OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, BGP), QoS, Multicast, MPLS
- Ability to perform troubleshooting and analysis throughout the seven-layer OSI reference model
- Experience with network security design and implementation including NextGen firewall/DMZ configuration
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Cisco CCNP Enterprise or Security
- Fortinet NSE4
- Cisco CCIE Enterprise
- Cisco CCIE - Security
The base salary range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $120,000 and $150,000 annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including commissions and discretionary bonuses, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. ePlus Benefits highlights can be viewed here.
If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Physical Requirements of Position:
Ability of finger dexterity to be used primarily to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects or pinching fingers together. Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands and / or fingers. Speech ability must be at a level where one must convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly. Hearing ability must be at a level to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information. Visual ability must be average with ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products or operate machinery. Physical strength for sedentary work with sitting most of the time. May have to exert or lift up to 10 - 20 pounds of force occasionally.
ePlus is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ePlus promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.