|Published||July 28, 2022|
Do you love mountains, skiing, biking, and hiking? Are you also a CCNP? Then continue reading!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: David Montgomery
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $120,000 - $185,000 per year
A bit about us:
Are you Agile, Innovative, Customer Focused, a Team Player, and Work Life Balanced? If so, then you meet our Core Values. Are you an IT standout that can manage the design, implementation, and support of World Class Technology solutions? Do you want to want to work, play, and live in the Vail Valley? We are looking for a hungry individual that wants to join a rapidly growing start up. We're dedicated to fostering an enriching lifestyle that includes balance. Vail Valley activities are an integral part of that lifestyle.
Why join us?
If you meet the qualifications and like to ski, board, bike, fish, dirt bike, snow mobile, kayak, float, run, walk, or hike, this is the life-changing opportunity for you.
Senior Network Engineer
- Results and execution oriented, self-motivated, and requiring minimal supervision.
- Eager to grow!
- Bachelor's degree.
- Cisco Certification - CCNP required / CCIE Preferred
- Dell/EMC, Microsoft and VMware Certifications are a plus.
- 5+ years supporting complex enterprise Cisco network Route / Switch, Wireless infrastructure, and security.
- Cisco UCS Chassis, Cisco Call Manager / Voice, Cisco ISE, ACI, VXRail, EMC XtremIO, EMC VNX, EMC Data Protection Suite with Avamar Networker Data Domain, EMC Isilon, VMware Experience is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience interfacing with customers and providing technical solutions.
- Experience with Healthcare and/or a Managed Service Provider environment a plus
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation required.
Are you Agile, Innovative, Customer Focused, a Team Player, and Work Life Balanced? If so, then you meet our Core Values. Are you an IT standout that can design, implement, and support World Class Technology solutions? Do you want to want to work, play, and live in the Vail Valley? We are looking for a hungry individual that wants to join a rapidly growing start up. We're dedicated to fostering an enriching lifestyle that includes balance. Vail Valley activities are an integral part of that lifestyle. If you meet the qualifications and like to ski, board, bike, fish, dirt bike, snow mobile, kayak, float, run, walk, or hike, this is the opportunity for you.
Senior Engineers are strong in all the most common and popular networking technologies as well as some of the more mature ones. In addition to strong technical aptitudes, backed by at least 5 years of hard core in the trenches experience, this person is a powerful communicator and a person who can manage well when the client is in a pickle and really needs strong guidance. The pace and demands in this environment are usually much greater than an "in-house" position. This person should be prompt and/or know the importance of communicating ETA's to clients. This person should be skillful at pre-project/work-briefings with each client on each project. This person should then be able to execute with a high degree of success in integrating and/or solving problems in environments supporting Cisco networking, VPNs, DNS, DHCP, and Wireless. Additional datacenter experience with Windows Server, Linux, enterprise storage, VMWare, and cloud computing are a plus.
- Daily time entry accounting for at least 9 hours in the form of Resolution Notes in Service Tickets
- Monthly billing should be at least 80% or more of a typical month of about 170 hours
- Normal business hours are Monday - Friday 8-5PM with infrequent after-hours work including weekend and out of town work. Engineers will also work a rotating on-call shift that supports our 24x7x365 managed services
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation required
- Integrity and ethical behavior is a must
- Regular and timely completion of Minimum Documentation Standards for each client
- On-going self-training to preserve professional viability is a must
- The ability to regularly score 10's on the Quality Assurance survey
- Execution and conclusion of projects on-time and/or successful management of client expectations when targets cannot be met
- Good communication with Account Managers and Team Leader with regards to events and changes transpiring at client sites
- Ability to communicate with client at all levels from IT personnel to CxO's and to understand business issues in context of IT issues
- Takes ownership of tasks and follows through to ensure complete resolution
- Takes a personal interest in, and responsibility for, quality of work they perform or are associated with
- Ability to pay close attention to detail while performing technically detailed tasks
- Ability to deal effectively with stressful situations
- Ability and willingness to recognize when it is necessary to ask for technical expertise from others without unnecessarily burdening other team members
- Ability to provide accurate time estimates for how long a task will take
- Understands that the success of individuals is measured by the success of their teams
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies through the use of self-study materials and intuition
- Enjoys helping people to the extent that no problem is considered mundane, no matter how simple the solution (i.e. -- Susie can't print)
- Enjoys sharing information, supporting others, and working on a team to achieve team goals.
Other Preferred Technical Knowledge
- Working Knowledge of Enterprise Backup and Business Continuity Systems
- Working Knowledge of High Availability load balancing solutions
- Working Knowledge of Hyper-V and VMware
- Working Knowledge of SAN Architecture
- Working Knowledge of File Storage Architecture
- Solid understanding of and ability to configure TCP/IP subnetting and troubleshooting Internet connectivity
- Experience with and understanding of routers and firewalls
- Experience supporting WAN circuits including SD-WAN and BGP
- Experience and understanding of Terminal Services & Citrix
- Understanding of relationship between switches, hubs, patch panels and connecting nodes to a network
- Understanding of DHCP and DNS services
- Understanding of High Availability / Load Balancing solutions
- Experience supporting cloud architectures including Azure
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 4 years' experience supporting enterprise Cisco solutions Switching/VLAN/Routing/Wireless/Voice/Firewalling Support
- Cisco Certification - CCNP Required / CCIE Preferred
- Working Knowledge and Experience - Mobile Device Management
- Working Knowledge and Experience - Server Hardware Technologies (Hyperconverged, and Physical) Support
- Working Knowledge and Experience - Virtualized Server Support
- Working Knowledge and Experience - SAN Support
- Working Knowledge and Experience - Data Backup and Recovery Working Knowledge and Experience - Support, Business Continuity Solutions, Corporate Antivirus Support, VPN Connectivity Support
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button. - provided by Dice