|Published||September 14, 2022|
What You'll Do
You will support our cutting-edge technology ACI! Want to know more about Cisco ACI? Check out this link: www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/data-center-virtualization/application-centric-infrastructure/index.html
* Provide Planning, Designing, Implementation, Operation and Optimization services to Cisco Professional Services' Customers around Cisco's Data Center products and solutions.
* Participate in the preparation of proposals and Statements of Work.
* Establishes trusted advisor relationships with customer management and teams on Data Center Infrastructure areas and future technology trends
* Participates in complex Data Center and Cloud infrastructure (network, storage, and compute) design/implementation and migration, performance engineering or problem resolution projects.
* Solves complex, cross-functional issues that cross many technologies in network, server, storage, O/S, virtualization, consolidation, middleware, security, applications, operations, content switching, caching and/or content delivery networks, and security. Applies good analytic process to help bring any issue to resolution.
* Provides technical support for customers during software and hardware upgrades and Proof of Concepts.
* Delivers migration plans, with a thorough understanding on networked applications and related dependencies.
* Ensure compliance to delivery methodology operational structure, roles & responsibilities.
* Participates in weekly status meetings and other ad-hoc interactions with the customer managing specific asks from the customer and managing customer expectations from Cloud Consumption engagements
* Support the PM in resolution of project issues. Track deliverables against the engagement schedule and support the PM track financial, resource and material requirements for the engagements.
* Ensure smooth closure of engagements using relationship with the customer to guide them to the next step i.e., Sampler service to Assessment Service, Assessment Service to Optimization Service.
Who You'll Work With
CX Center provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for Professional Services delivery teams. CX Centers' highly technical, global resources support customer engagements in all theaters acting as a seamless delivery partner to Professional Services' practice and theatre teams.
These capabilities expand Cisco's technical reach across all Cisco architectures - Borderless Networks, Collaboration, Data Center/Virtualization, Mobility, Video, NGN and OSS. Through our network of CX Centers we enable delivery of innovative services and solutions. Our collaborative delivery model drives scalability, productivity and innovation across the Professional Services organization.
Who You Are
* Requires BS/BE/BTech degree or equivalent plus 4+ years of related experience in IT industry.
* Broad technical knowledge of the data center and its components: Applications, Storage, Network, Server, and projects surrounding their planning, design, implementation, operation, and optimization.
* Architectural knowledge of virtualization tools and concepts. Architectural knowledge of Three-Tiered application environments.
* Expert familiarity with cloud computing concepts including virtualization, web services API's, elastic infrastructure, distributed data storage (database, block, object), multi-tenancy, and metered usage patterns.
* Understanding of basic components of ACI fabric (Tenant, BD, VRF, APIC), Nexus DC technologies such as vPC, FabricPath, OTV, VXLAN,
* Understanding of ACI implementations being single site, multi-pod, network centric. Knowledge of app-centric and multi-site is a plus.
* Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Bash. Python experience is strongly preferred. Networking: OSI Layer 2 (Spanning tree, vPC, EtherChannel, VLAN, etc), Layer 3 switching /routing (OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS, BGP, MPLS, IPv4/6), DNS/DHCP WAN/ISP, network virtualization (N1kv, VRF), basics of higher layer protocols: SSL/TLS, HTTP, real-time traffic (voice/video), NFS, database access protocols. Compute technologies: x86, hypervisor (Openstack/KVM), OS (Linux/Windows), workload mobility
* Cisco's Data Center Product Line: Nexus Products (N7K, N5k, N2k, N1kV), Catalyst products (65xx, 49xx switches), and UCS. Content Switching (OSI Layer 4-7 Switching, Cisco, Citrix or F5 Load balancers), Caching and Content Delivery.
* Strong understanding of SaaS and Application Workloads in context of Data Center Architecture design. Network/Infrastructure Security technologies (Firewall, access control, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, administrative access control) and Compliance (PCI, SOx, HIPAA).
* OSS / BSS, including Network Management Systems, Service Delivery, Service Fulfillment (including the network inventory, activation and provisioning), Service Assurance, Customer Care
* CCNP Preferred, VCP Certification a plus
* Passionate, persuasive, charismatic thought leader capable of quickly establishing executive interest in how to architect, deploy and operate the virtualized data center of the future. Understands and can articulate the value and business advantage of data center virtualization techniques and cloud architectures.
* Strong customer-facing sales and architectural skills. Core expertise to include design concepts, IT analysis/analytical thinking, innovation management, enterprise perspective and process knowledge. Analyzes opportunities with a broad, strategic view; integrates business and technology requirements to achieve cross-domain solutions that work across the enterprise; applies methodologies that are appropriate for multiple users / technology platforms. Client-facing skills to include cross-functional influence, external and internal consulting/partnering.
* Excellent understanding of the industry landscape (competitors and partners). High-level, out-of-the-box thinking, analytical reasoning, and creative problem-solving skills. Ability to shift from high-level thinking to realistic and pragmatic execution is essential.
* Solid understanding of the end-to-end IT process, including architecture, design & engineering, implementation, and operations; Excellent written and verbal communications skills: ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers. Willingness and ability to work with teams, ability to build relationships using an open and respectful communication and collaboration style
* Communication skills to include conflict management, negotiation, presentation/demonstration, and written communication. Cisco best-practice skills to include building relationships, cultural sensitivity, goal alignment, learning agility, and virtual/remote training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.