|Date Posted||November 17, 2020|
Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape, empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our team.
The Data Center Engineer is responsible for complex technical analysis of datacenter network software, hardware, routers, switches, and various network systems using a variety of diagnostic tools in support of efficient network operations. Provides advanced level technical support and troubleshooting, and perform scripting/programming to ensure stable and efficient operation of datacenter network technology solutions.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Design, manage, install, provision, configure, optimize, performance tune, integrate, and administer network solution technologies in a production and a lab environment.
- Implement, support QOS and COS technology within the network.
- Assist in data center installs, provision network access ports and physical cable infrastructure for data center systems.
- Ensure datacenter environments are secure and appropriate recovery and redundancy issues are addressed.
- Work closely with the Security and Compliance teams in applying standards necessary to keep the network safe from interruption.
- Document and explain network topologies, understand and diagram existing network diagram, explain and plan for future growth.
- Ensure that the technologies are updated with current, stable, and compliant architecture and applications that meet enterprise standards. Conduct technical research, perform vendor comparisons, and analyze cost requirements for their recommendations.
- Troubleshoot network OS, monitoring software and/or hardware issues/failures. Resolve alerts and perform remediation activities. Determine migration and upgrade impacts and diagnose/resolve complex technology/ errors.
- Proactively monitor and identify broader, more complex issues across multiple, integrated, connecting technologies and communicate as appropriate.
- Provide cost estimates, create documentation and produce schedules for Network infrastructure installations.
- Develop processes and procedure related to datacenter network administration.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning and exercises.
- Perform afterhours activities as needed for the environment and technologies.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to engineer, build and test networks for optimum throughput and reliability.
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Network concepts and advanced working skills with various network technologies
- Advanced understanding of OS and Network security best practices and strategies.
- Strong understanding of the OSI model.
- Strong knowledge packet capture analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Working knowledge of ITIL v3 framework (certification preferred).
Industry and Work Experience:
- 10+ years of experience providing support and administration in an environment of mixed network equipment (Juniper, Palo Alto, Cisco, Adtran.)
- 10+ years of experience with datacenter network technology (WAN and LAN), deep expert knowledge of protocols, and possess current datacenter Cisco certifications (CCNP or CCIE).
- 10+ years of experience working with LAN technology and must have experience with Cisco Nexus switches, CISCO ACI.
- Expert with configuration, installation, troubleshooting, and supporting of networking equipment.
- 7+ years of experience implementing/managing VMware vDS and standard switches.
- Expert understanding of firewall configuration and maintenance, experience with Palo Alto and CISCO ASA equipment preferred.
- Experience with load balancing technologies and security appliances such as F5, Palo Alto, Cisco ASA and VPN.
- Experience with datacenter technologies such as ACI, Nexus, ISE, and wireless controllers
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize multiple projects with aggressive due dates.
- Bachelor’s degree
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)