|Published||November 18, 2022|
|Location||San Jose, CA|
We are seeking a Routing/Switching/ACI Technical Consulting Engineer (High Touch Engineer (HTE)) to join our Customer Experience team to support a major US based Service Provider. You will be providing remote and onsite technical support for some of the common Cisco Routing platforms such as Spitfire,
You will be part of Cisco's CX (Customer Experience) Organization. You will work very closely with our HTOM, HTTS CSEs, NCEs, SEs, as well as the Service Delivery Manager (SDM) aligned to this engagement.
In this role, you will gain insight on the detailed functionality of Cisco products and partner with all distributed elements of the service chain and Account Team. This is a superb opportunity for someone with patience and a conscientious view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career contributing to customers while working with an industry leader in networking technology. In this role you will also provide leadership and oversight for HTTS CSEs, partnering with them to provide timely resolution to SEV 1 and SEV 2 cases and detailing RCAs. You will establish and maintain close relationships with your internal Cisco peers, (HTOMS, COMs, NCEs, SDMs, PMs), and most importantly the Customer in an ongoing basis, as well as their leadership team.
First and foremost, you enjoy troubleshooting and solving problems. You also possess an in-depth knowledge of Routing/Switching related technologies, especially XR based Cisco platforms. You have experience giving onsite or remote technical support and speak English fluently. You also work independently, receiving minimal direction, with no instruction on routine work and general instruction on new assignments.
The ideal candidate demonstrates an aptitude and appetite for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge. This is a phenomenal opportunity for someone with patience and an empathetic view of the customer to hone their skills and advance their career providing value to customers while working with an industry leader in networking technology. Business impact of this role is major.
* Typically requires BS in a technical field (CS/EE preferred) or equivalent plus 5-6 years related experience.
* Deep knowledge of telecommunication systems, network environments, IP routing and switching.
* Ability to analyze, use and configure medium and large enterprise/SP networks.
* Ability to work independently, as this position only receives minimal direction with no instruction on routine work and general instruction on new assignments.
* Able to isolate and resolve problems, determine root cause, document root cause in writing, and deliver known solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction.
* Provide Network Problem Resolution and Root-Cause Analysis as per contracted agreement with named customer.
* Troubleshoot issues related to Routing (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP), Multicast, QoS, etc on ASR9K, GSR, 7600 platforms, and LAN Switching specific to 7600 & 6500, Nexus 7000 & 3000 platforms.
* Receives minimal supervision, no instruction on routine work, and general instructions on new assignments.
* Interfaces with all levels of CSEs, NCEs, SEs, Cisco Business Unit and internal engineering departments, and escalation resources.
* Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
* Provides systems/product training to internal stakeholders and customers.
* Provides guidance, mentoring & leadership to new hires and less experienced engineers.
* Connects with customers and partners across functions and boundaries to achieve significant results.
* Earns the confidence of customers and is able to use the confidence to achieve results.
* Solves extremely complex problems where analysis requires in-depth evaluation of factors with imaginative and innovative troubleshooting and experimentation as well as evaluation of intangible variables.
* Is a technical expert in a broad area covering multiple technologies. Applies expected product behavior across industry practices. Knows how the technology is expected to work in the industry.
* Collaborates with Engineering on complex product and software issues, driving resolution of software defects.
* Key involvement in CA and cross-functional teams to resolve major customer issues. Leads team collaboration extending beyond work group.
* Deep technical knowledge / understandings of L2 / L3 networking protocols and technologies (VPC, STP, HSRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP).
* Strong Nexus 2K/5K/7K/9K platform knowledge and hands-on experience.
* Has knowledge of overlay technologies VXLAN, BGP EVPN, OTV, LISP.
* Has knowledge and understandings of Cisco SDN based technologies such as Cisco ACI, Cisco Programmable Network Portfolio (Standalone VXLAN-Fabric) and DCNM.
* Experienced in design and/or deployment of Data Center solutions including traditional DC standalone Nexus design, VXLAN Fabric-based ACI Fabric solutions using ACI MultiPod / Multisite Fabric architectures.
* Provide systems/product training (internally and customer)
* Act as a focal point for large account network problem resolution.
* Typically interface with all Cisco Support and Engineering functions and organizations.
* Establish and maintain Customer Trusted Advisor status
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) And only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.
Cisco COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.