|Date Posted||January 5, 2022|
WEC Energy Group is one of the nation’s largest electric generation, distribution and natural gas delivery holding companies. We employ over 7,000 people in our energy companies and service subsidiaries. As a Fortune 500 company, we value and develop our employees who are making a difference in a mission that matters.
WEC Business Services LLC, a subsidiary of WEC Energy Group, is seeking an IT Network Analyst (IT Infrastructure Consultant) in our Milwaukee, Wisconsin location.
The Network Analyst is responsible for all network designs for WEC, mentoring other Network Analysts to understand network design and implementation, and developing solutions for complex networking issues.
- Implement, operate and support various devices and systems requiring evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria. Devise new approaches to problems encountered. Assist in systems planning, scheduling and implementation.
- Design & engineering tasks include planning, evaluating, designing, and testing of systems, in addition to consulting, budgeting, cost analysis, and vendor analysis and management.
- Extensive background in working with and troubleshooting, BGP, OSPF, and ISIS.
- Will have a working understanding of the following products: Cisco Nexus platform, Cisco ASR, and Nokia SAR.
- Will need to create and maintain complex network designs and schematics for the WEC Enterprise
- Operational duties include implementing, configuring, testing, and debugging systems including LAN/WAN systems, voice over IP, configuring and troubleshooting VPN's, in addition to consulting, problem resolution, performance and monitoring, production control, and physical technical designs.
- Utilizing networking tools such as SevOne, Cisco DNA, Cisco ISE, Aruba, ACI, and infoblox/DHCP. These tools will be used on a daily basis to proactively troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to understand schematic drawings for IDF's and MDF's.
- Maintain key performance and process metrics to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of processes, procedures, and systems.
- Build productive working relationships internally and externally.
This position will be involved in an on-call rotation, and may require travel to our other locations periodically.
This position is part of a job family, experience will be the determining factor.
- Bachelor’s degree is required (Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field preferred)
- Infrastructure experience preferably that includes switching and routing in a Cisco environment
- VPN design and configuration within a Cisco environment
- CCNA certification
- Experience with (VOIP, Skype for Business)
- Knowledge of checkpoint / Fortinet firewalls
- Technical project management experience (Network)