|Date Posted||September 5, 2020|
The Network Engineer II is a key member on Medline’s Network Core Operations Team. The main function of this position is to help maintain availability throughout the network and participate in troubleshooting operational issues. The role will collaborate with vendors, operational staff and peer organizations to ensure the stability and integrity of Medline’s Network infrastructure. In addition, it is vital that the Network Engineer successfully integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities.
- Reviews and responds to trouble tickets generated for the team by the corporate help desk; works with end users through resolution as necessary.
- Manage the continuous operation of the Medline’s enterprise network including inventory, patching and code management.
- Develop and recommend strategies for network growth, datacenter network security and enhancements by maximizing functionality of network equipment such as switches, routers, wireless infrastructure and firewalls.
- Participates in regular meetings and conference calls with customers and IS staff to help qualify opportunities and technical solutions for optimizing the network. Offers proactive suggestions in optimizing the network.
- Acts as a point of escalation for other IS teams regarding network infrastructure issues, Tier II/III line of support for Network Core trouble tickets
- Analyzes performance data and metrics, identifies problem areas and provides actionable insight to problem resolution. Provide reporting documentation as needed.
- Develops and documents models, plans, diagrams, illustrations, and procedures in support of engineering activities and network related business initiatives.
- Drives issues through closure engaging all appropriate cross-team resources.
- Performs complex and routine maintenance tests for designated areas of engineering; identifies, isolates, and escalates issues to appropriate personnel.
- Utilize SIEM tools as needed to analyze network traffic and resolve issues
- Participates in regular meetings and conference calls with customers and IS staff to help qualify opportunities and technical solutions for optimizing the network.
- Participates in off-hours support rotation of designated network resources
- Collaborate with other Network Engineers for business continuity review and execution.