Jr. ACI Network Engineer
|Published||May 24, 2023|
Current Employees and Contractors Apply Here
Advisor Group Careers
Be a part of the team behind our success! At Advisor Group, we support financial professionals nationwide, the people who help everyday Americans achieve their dreams. We're a billion-dollar business with the mentality and drive of a startup. Join us in building something special.
Information Technology Opportunity in Enterprise Technology Services
Jr. ACI Network Architect
Location(s): 20 E Thomas Rd, #2000, Phoenix, AZ 85012
2300 Windy Ridge Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30339
7755 Third Street North, Oakdale, MN 55128
10 Exchange Place, Jersey City, NJ 07302
877 Executive Center Drive West, St. Petersburg, FL 33702
12325 Port Grace Boulevard, La Vista, NE 68128
Role Type: Full Time (Hybrid/Remote)
Job Profile: JC71 - Sr Engineer Networks
The primary responsibilities for this position are to engineer and administer assigned primary and secondary competencies such as virtual, network, disk array, or database environments. Additional duties include performance monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting, expert-level security analysis skills, implementation, and design of the engineer's primary and secondary competencies.
- Design and deploy Data Center Networks utilizing industry best practices and Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure and Nexus 9k platforms.
- Develop and migrate traditional data center network designs to Cisco ACI.
- Integrate services appliances to Cisco ACI deployments, including Application Delivery Controllers and Firewalls.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Create Low-Level Design, High-Level Design, Implementation Plan, and Acceptance Test Plan documents by the customer and according to industry standards.
- Perform installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of customer-managed hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Research network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee/perform new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in Computer Science or related field required.
- 3+ years in a highly technical role that spans multiple disciplines
- Extensive knowledge of current and upcoming technologies/trends.
- Basic knowledge of routing and switching technologies.
- Certified as CCNP or equivalent level of skills and experience.
- Experience configuring and deploying enterprise-class networks, including the following products:
- Cisco Catalyst Switches
- Cisco Nexus 7k/5k/2k Switches
- Cisco Nexus 9k Switches
- Cisco ASR / ISR Routers
- Cisco ASA / FTD Firewalls
- Sound understanding of OpenFlow, OpenStack, Virtualization, and Application Centric Infrastructure
- Hands-on experience with at least one SDN controller architecture (ex. POX, Open Daylight, Cisco APIC).
- Hands-on experience on how to create different application policies in the ACI, including Tenants, Application Network Profile (ANP), End Point Group (EPG), Contracts, Subjects, and Filters
- Hands-on experience on the Fabric Access Policy, including how to create switch policies, interface policies, AEPs, Physical and External Domains
- Hands-on experience on Fabric Discovery Activity, including Out of Band Configuration, Verifying the APIC Health, Verifying the LEAF Health, and Verifying remote access to all the out-of-band management devices
- Knowledge of ACI Stretch Fabric, ACI Multi-Pod, ACI Multi-Site
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience with at least one compute virtualization platform: VMware, vSphere, or KVM.
- Ability to perform basic installation and administration of Windows Server and Linux platforms.
- Familiarity with at least one configuration management tool such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Salt.
- Proficient Python programming skills with object-oriented design principles desired. Related Java and C/C++ experience are welcome.
- Ability to develop programs using REST API to a northbound controller interface.
- Familiarity with software version management tools such as Git/GitHub.
- Practical Agile software development experience, preferably Scrum Master certified.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- A thorough understanding of the best practices for the service execution.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- A self-starter who exudes positive energy and can rally those around them to a common goal.
- Up to 10% travel required.
Current Employees and Contractors Apply Here