|Published||November 13, 2022|
At Vanguard, technology is integral to helping our clients reach their personal goals. We depend on IT 24/7 to run our investors' assets. That puts your expertise in telecommunications at the heart of our business. As a Lead Network Engineer with ACI experience you will provide expert level infrastructure services focusing on designing, installing, configuring, integrating, and automating firewalls, switches, routers, fabrics, and other data center technologies. Provides project leadership for design and installation projects using standard technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides lead level infrastructure services, including installing, configuring, and integrating firewalls and other enterprise data center network technologies.
* Obtains quotes and justifies business need.
* Identifies stake holders and forms project team.
* Conducts functional testing and provides recommendations based on the results.
* Verifies installations meet production acceptance standards.
* Implements opportunities to automate manual system tasks.
* Provides lead level Tier 3 services for complex issues elevated from tier 2 support groups. Identifies failing components.
* Provides technical leadership for infrastructure engineering team.
* Provides expert level design and debugging services to development teams.
* Identifies performance issues, interprets trends, and implements improvements.
* Creates documentation and diagrams, including policies and procedures.
* Adds, updates, and closes records in the IT Problem Management and Change Management databases.
* Trains and mentors staff. Conducts formal training sessions, one-on-one sessions, and recommends training vendors. Troubleshoots and resolves complex issues.
* Completes capacity planning activities, including monitoring and tracking capacity metrics. Initiates actions to prevent degradation caused by capacity issues.
* Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures.
* Participates in special projects and performs other related duties as assigned.
What it takes:
* Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
* Minimum of 5 years infrastructure engineering experience.
* Working understanding of advanced aspects of firewalls, routers, switches, and other data center technologies including an understanding of VMware tool suite (ESXi, vCenter, vROPS, vRNI, vRB, etc.), enterprise storage.
* Working understanding of code and scripting (Python, PowerShell, Rest API) Ansible
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
* Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
* Strong project leadership skills.
Advanced knowledge of the following practices and concepts:
Network, storage and VMWare architecture design, technical standards and deliverables, troubleshooting tools?(e.g., log analysis),?software and hardware installation and configuration, protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, routing protocols, storage replication, etc.).
Advanced knowledge of multiple IT platforms:
Client/server, Microsoft Windows, Routers and switches, Linux, VMWare, Firewalls
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Future of Work
During the pandemic, we transitioned to a work from home model for the majority of our crew and we continue to interview, hire, and on-board future crew remotely.
As we have developed the path forward, we have taken a thoughtful approach that both maximizes the advantages of working remotely and the many benefits of coming together and collaborating in a shared workspace. We believe that in-person interactions among our crew are important for preserving our unique culture and advantageous for the personal development of our crew.
When our Crew return to the office, many will work in our hybrid model. A smaller proportion of our crew will operate in the Work from Home work model (for example, field sales crew); or in the Work from Office model (for example, portfolio managers).
The working model that your role falls into will be communicated to you in the interview process - please do ask if you are unsure. We encourage you to make the decision regarding your job interview and offer knowing which model your role will fall into. We will test and learn as our ways of working evolve and will continue to evaluate working models along the way.