|Published||November 4, 2022|
Lead L2 Network Operations Engineer
Location: Whippany, NJ Onsite
Hybrid Environment - Onsite 2 days/week, Remote 3 days/week
Cisco route/switch, F5 Load balancers, & Firewalls, Cisco ACI nice to have
- You will be responsible for leading technical operational activities on a follow-the-sun basis, incorporating Incident, Problem, and Change Management, along with user request fulfillment.
- Build, mentor, and lead a local team of Level 2 Network Engineers
- Identify and report on KPI’s focusing on team performance, service delivery, and intra-team engagement
- Lead data-driven continual improvement activities enhancing our internal processes and procedures with a focus on automation.
- Work with various stakeholders to understand their environments and drive positive change within Core Network’s product and service offerings.
- Maintain oversight over Level 1 activities (system monitoring, alert handling, etc.) , and ensure day-to-day performance of Level 2.
- Act as a customer-facing point of contact for Operations, dealing with complex technical and business requests and managing client expectations.
- Experience managing an operations team in a tiered service environment
- Experience working within a large multiple-site, multi-protocol LAN & WAN Datacenter preferably within a global financial institution
5+ years of experience with:
- Cisco routers/switches.
- Network Security Technologies - Including Cisco AsA, Checkpoint, and Fortinet.
F5 GTM/LTM or other Application Delivery technologies
HTTP / Web browsing infrastructure including Broadcom Bluecoat Proxy Devices
Working knowledge of Enterprise Monitoring & Management platforms such as Splunk, Spectrum, SevOne, Elastic Search
ITIL Practitioner Certification
- CCNP certification
- Working knowledge of Cisco ACI
- Working knowledge of Enterprise wireless and remote access technologies
- Flexibility with working hours to meet the demands of the job
- provided by Dice