|February 7, 2024
The world isn't standing still, and neither is Allstate. We're moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers' evolving needs. That's why now is an exciting time to join our team. You'll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You'll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards - a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life's uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we've thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever's coming next - to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We've been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection.
We are the Good Hands. We don't follow the trends. We set them.
TheLead Network Engineer (NE) executes, plans, and reviews complex enterprise networking implementations. While participating in the designs, plan, and maintain new or existing network hardware and software technology components. The Lead Network Engineer utilizes advanced systems, scripting skills to develop automation emerging enterprise-wide systems hardware/ software technology components. The role creates reviews and ensures updates are made to the configuration management plan.
The LeadNetwork Engineer - possesses deep knowledge of Enterprise Network Technologies including Routing/Switching, Cloud integration, and Network Management tools. S/he will also be knowledgeable of industry trends in network technology and have good understanding of the interaction between network and other technologies includingAWS, Azure, Oracle, Big Data, and VMWare. The Lead Network Engineer steers the creation of network standards and applies them in support of present and future business needs within the Allstate environment.
Oversee Routing Switching technology aspects of Networking for Allstate, maintaining a perspective of the how the industry is heading, talking to other companies, and bringing back to Allstate other customer experiences.
Assist in creating and maintainingroadmaps for product lifecycles, including the year-to-year budget, which is presented on a biannual basis to leadership.
Create standardized solutions that are documented and provide training to staff.Inclusive of recommending technologies, evaluating technologies, implementing one or more of these in a proof of concept, and then transitioning the work to peers or a fulfillment team for completion.Develop, plan, and implement highly complex change, sign off on less complex changes, and monitor changes as needed depending on delegations.
Ability to present written or verbal communications to senior leadership, inclusive of resource requirements or budgeting forecast.
Resolve highly complex or critical incidents involving multiple enterprise services and components.Collaborate with operations to address concerns with mean time to repair, which could be used to perform incident avoidance.
Ability to automate network technologies, so that we can speed our deliver or operations, using common tools at noted in the skills requirements.
Superior analytical skills. Oversee and drive effort to analyze highly complex problems and solution alternatives.Recommend best alternatives and implement upon approval.
Provide leadership and technical guidance in project management, planning, task definition, estimating, reporting, scheduling, and workflow.
Provide coaching and direction for more junior engineers, serving as Subject Matter Expert for network requirements within assigned areas of responsibility.
Analyze variances and initiate effectiveness or efficiency improvements in the organization, standards, procedures or methods.
Develop plans to meet required service levels; coordinate capacity requirements, design data collection and reporting mechanisms for application/infrastructure health reporting.
- Routing (Complex BGP [Very Highly Desired], OSPF, route redistribution, VRF lite, Static routing, route maps, ECMP)
- 5+ years of experience with enterprise network systems
- Experience installing a Data center SDN, Cisco ACI, Cumulus, or other, into production
- Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure ACI [Desired]
- Software Design-WAN skills such as - Aruba Silverpeak, Cisco SD WAN or Viptela [Desired]
- Proven experience designing and engineering in a large enterprise network or ISP
- Cisco Data Center and Access layer switching and routing hardware and software (NXOS, IOS, etc.)
- Switching (PVST+, RSPT preferred, MST, MLAG)
- QOS - CBWFQ, Policing, Shaping, troubleshooting
- Multicast (PIM-SM)
- Protocol analysis (TCP/IP required, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SIP)
- VPN's (Point to Point VPN's, DMVPN)
- Participated in End-of-life planning and budgeting
- Experience with Network management integration with SNMP, Syslog, and event handling
- Experience in Python scripting and Rest API (Highly Desired)
- Experience in implementing network-based security 802.1x, Port Security, NAT, IPSEC
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain the F5 technology within an enterprise production environment.
- Experience with GSLB, F5 LTM and GTM is required.
- Integrating Networks into the Cloud, such as AWS and Azure
- Cisco data center switching
- Experience with or book knowledge with Cisco ACI(application / network centric migrations.
- Experience indeveloping Service Level Management - developing SLA's and quantifying Availability of the Network.
Education and Experience:
* 4 year Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
* 5 or more years of experience (Preferred)
* In lieu of the above education requirements, an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
* No Certification, License or Registration is required for the job.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job does not have supervisory duties. Notes:
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is$82,000.00-$146,125.00 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
Good Hands. Greater Together.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on , , and or watch a .