|Date Posted||September 11, 2019|
A growing software company has an exciting new opportunity for a sysops engineer to join the team, providing technical support across the business.
The firm has a mission to create insightful, cloud based systems for healthcare services in the UK and abroad. iaptus - their flagship product - is the leading patient management software for psychological therapy services.
The company has a flat structure; working in agile, self managing teams. They pride themselves on having created a fun, collaborative place to work (with free parking) with a strong sense of social purpose. The company's values - transparency, collaboration, contribution and forward thinking - are the cornerstones of their work and staff members are encouraged and supported in their own personal development including external courses and training.
The role is responsible for:
• the security, stability and uptime of production, staging and development environments
• monitoring the above environments and reacting to alerts and issues that may arise in day-to-day operation of their product line
• the maintenance of network, server and storage assets in data centre environments (VMware Cloud, AWS EC2 etc.)
• ongoing upgrades and improvements to infrastructure and processes
You'll have plenty of opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge, and there's scope for the role to grow as you do.
The ideal candidate will:
• have good self-organisation and communication skills
• feel at home collaborating with others as part of a multidisciplinary team
• have a flexible approach to work
• be a fast learner and adaptable to change
have practical experience working with:
• VMware ESXi/vSphere/vCenter
• Cisco and iptables networking
• Linux administration (specifically RHEL derivatives)
• practical experience in MySQL database administration using CLI
• network monitoring eg PRTG/nagios
• automation solutions eg Ansible/Chef/Puppet
• production database administration
• LAMP/LNMP stack
Although not essential, experience in the following areas is highly desirable:
• VCS such as Subversion or Git
• working in a Scrum team, adopting an Agile methodology to your work
• shell scripting (Python/Perl also advantageous)
• MySQL database replication
• working with web applications at scale
• working experience with network and web application security hardening
• physical and virtual network maintenance
• experience in administering firewall appliances, managed wireless networking
Salary from £32,000 plus benefits.
Please submit your CV which should include a covering letter.
Must be eligible to live and work in the UK.