|Published||November 22, 2022|
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a MQ-9 Data Communications Engineer to join our team supporting the CBP MQ-9 UAS program Office in Washington, D.C. You will be responsible for assisting the current senior engineers with all networking and data communications needs. You will have the flexibility to work 2 days from home and will require up to 25% travel.
At MTSI, our more than 1,600+ co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose from. We support some of the most important and critical programs to our national security and defense within aviation, space, ballistic missile and unmanned systems. We specialize in Systems engineering & integration, modeling & simulation, acquisitions & program support, test & evaluation, mission assurance & cybersecurity to name a few.
As an 100% employee owned company where culture matters we all have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers and we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company's future! As our first core value stats, MTSI is an 'employees come first' company with over 29 years of consecutive growth sense 1993 and a 91% retention rate across our entire organization, we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Check out MTSI's 4.7 rating on GLASSDOOR
Day one all new co-owners start accruing PTO at a rate of 20 days + 10 federal holidays/year with (flexible schedules), semi-annual bonuses, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, and eligibility to participate in our Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account. We also offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement and an optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan.
For additional company information: www.mtsi-va.com
* 6+ years' of relevant experience in manned or unmanned aircraft system with networking and data communications.
* Expereince with Cisco networking, to include servers, workstations, and A/V equipment.
* Familiarity with network design, configuring and troubleshooting skills with MPLS, DMVPN, IPSEC/DES/AES, GRE, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP, Cisco CPI, Cisco ACI, RADIUS/TACACS, VLANs, various Fiber Optics and Copper cabling technologies, Windows and Linux, VMWare, NetApp, Cellular, RF, and Satellite Networking technologies, IGMP, PIM Multicast, Net-flow, QoS, NTP, DNS, Extranets and DMZs, Firewalls,and network security.
* Knowledge of older protocols such as SDLC, HDLC, PPP, and serial connections are also very helpful as they are still used in this environment.
* Experience with Cisco Routing & Switching hardware platforms, including:
* Cisco ISR 4000 Routers, 9300 Switches, as well as Cisco 900 series and 8000 series platforms.
* Experience with audio/visual equipment such as Extron video Matrix switches, video scalers, video encoders, and video extension and transmission over fiber, conversion from HDMI/DVI to fiber. Knowledge of ClearCom DELTA Eclipse, i-Station, V-Series IP panels, and EHX and Station-IC and software configuration and administration.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or similar.
* CompTIA Security+, A+, Network+, Server+, MCSE/MCSA, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE.
* None to start, but must be Secret Eligible.
* Active Secret Clearance, (Desired).
* Individual must submit to a CBP BI; a favorably adjudicated BI will be required to maintain this position.
* U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As a MQ-9 Data Communications Engineer with MTSI you will support the CBP MQ-9 UAS program Office supporting current senior engineers with all networking and data communications needs including Cisco network troubleshooting, creating VPNs, configuration and troubleshooting of video multicast, ClearCom VOIP connectivity, Audio/Visual connectivity to various Operations Centers, assisting with some light cabling work as needed, and researching new technologies to setup connectivity among various MQ-9 and manned aircraft sites. Candidate will work across a matrixed organization to establish and maintain contacts throughout the organization to help move projects forward. You will have the flexibility to work 2 days from home and will require up to 25% travel. This position will be located in Washington, D.C.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
* Assist with identifying current and future networking needs for Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Air and Marine Operations (AMO) Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) aircraft to disseminate voice, video and other payload data in order to enable operations across multiple geographical locations.
* Assist with architecting short-term networking solutions to meet immediate operational needs while bearing in mind the long-term needs of the UAS program, and other manned aircraft platforms such as Multi-role Enforcement Aircraft (MEA), Maritime Patrol Aircraft (P-3/DHC-8), and Special Mission Aircraft (C-12 Mongoose) with respect to data dissemination requirements, communications, applications, and future sensors.
* Support creation of Visio drawings, explanation of networking designs to technical and non-technical teams, and obtaining necessary security approvals from various internal and external IT organizations.
* Must be familiar with the DoD and DHS network security policies and guidelines.
* Assist in ensuring patches and updates are applied to routers and switches throughout the network infrastructure.
* Conduct real-time troubleshooting of network connectivity issues such as multicast video, VOIP, wireless connectivity, fiber optics, and other sensor data dissemination issues impacting UAS and manned aircraft locations, as well as operation centers.
* Support monitoring of network performance and implement performance tuning measures across the network as needed.
* Will require temporary duty assignments to other CBP UAS and manned aircraft locations to set up, upgrade, troubleshoot, and assist with projects at those locations as well as for training, conferences and to support national emergency operations. Work hours will normally be during the day between 8 am to 5 pm but will require some flexible hours to support the missions or to solve computer and network outages and problems when they occur.
* Strong analytical abilities and professional office experience needed.
* Must have strong communications skills, both written and oral. Must be organized, responsive, and a thorough problem solver.