|Date Posted||September 20, 2019|
Join GDIT and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. The NCIS program is searching for a Network Architect, Routing and Switching Team Lead to join their team in Quantico, VA.
The Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) is an organization of approximately 2,200 personnel of which 700 serve at HQ and the remaining staff serve at offices worldwide. NCIS is the DON component with primary responsibility for criminal investigation, law enforcement (LE), counter-terrorism (CT), counterintelligence (CI), and cyber matters. NCIS not only has primary responsibility for all criminal investigative, CI, CT, and cyber matters within the Department of the Navy (DON), but it also has exclusive investigative jurisdiction in non-combat matters involving actual, potential, or suspected criminal, terrorism, sabotage, espionage, and subversive activities.
NCIS provides the DON with threat status and warnings associated with terrorist, criminal, cyber, and counterintelligence activity throughout the world. NCIS is the only DON organization that has the information and responsibility to fuse and analyze the national intelligence and law enforcement information necessary to provide these warnings.
The Information Technology Directorate (ITD) supports the NCIS core mission areas to investigate and defeat criminal, terrorist, and foreign intelligence threats by planning for and providing services through appropriate use of the people, equipment, technology, and infrastructure resources of the United States Navy and Marine Corps.
This Network Architect - CCIE - Route/Switch Team Lead - position provides an excellent opportunity to apply and extend your skills in a complex and varied environment and experience new technologies. Engineer will be required to modernize, design, operate, maintain, support and interact with complex LAN, WAN and wireless environments in a production environment. Engineer must have the understanding and ability to implement Cisco and industry best practice solutions into the production environment when needed. Engineer will also be supporting additional networking equipment such as F5 load-balancers. Engineer must be able to interact knowledgably with security systems and senior government personnel. There will also be other duties as required.
In this role, you will primarily
- Lead a team of eight experienced network engineers for both engineering and production responsibilities
- Expert level network engineering and architecture design services
- Expert level configuration of Cisco routers and switches including but not limited to the following models: 4500, 6500, 3750, 3850, ASR 1000, Cisco Nexus platforms 2k, 5k, 7k, 9k,
- Expert level with configuring routing protocols, OSPF and BGP in enterprise environments
- Expert knowledge of network performance metrics, packet capture and analysis, and network troubleshooting
- Solid understanding of network and system performance monitoring and upgrades
- Configuration of F5 Load Balancers (LTM and GTM)
- Experience with Cisco ASA for Client and Site-to-site VPN,
- Solid experience with Cisco enterprise wireless (WLCs, APs)
- Experience with configuration and management of firewalls; Palo Alto, Forcepoint Sidewinder, and Juniper
- Experience with Solarwinds, Kiwi Cat Tools, ISE, Prime
- Experience with ACI, NSX or other SDN solutions
- Experience with SD-WAN, preferably migration from MPLS to SD-WAN
The successful Engineer also has:
- Ability to support Network based infrastructure solutions based on industry best practice
- Experience, writing procedural documents and test solutions.
- Experience with and ability to understand, distill and document solution requirements.
- Experience performing system administration duties on Cisco and monitoring systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve LAN, WAN, wireless, SAN problems using various types of tools and troubleshooting methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are important.
- Skill in managing one's own time and the time of others based on an established project plan
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Experience managing multiple priorities simultaneously
Minimum Requirements (including education):
- BS in computer science or related field
- 10 or more years’ experience supporting an enterprise class production network
- Expert level of support for a WAN consisting of 180 NIPRNet, 198 SIPRNet, 13 JWICS, and Three (3) SAP network devices; supporting 190 offices worldwide
- CCNP required
- CCIE certification (Route/Switch) highly desired
- Security Clearance: Top Secret w/SCI eligibility
It is highly desirable that candidates have:
- Skill in using analytics, logic and reasoning to troubleshoot issues and find the best solutions to overcome challenges
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with conflicting priorities
- Previous experience supporting a Federal Government Agency
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.