|Date Posted||November 19, 2020|
Network Engineer / Analyst
The Network Engineer / Analyst will work closely alongside other members of the network teams and other IT members to complete day to day network related tasks. These tasks include:
- Interface with internal and external customers to troubleshoot and resolve network issues.
- Work directly with vendors and service providers to troubleshoot issues, perform network restoration and enable new connectivity.
- Participate in Emergency System Restoration (ESR) events aimed at troubleshooting and addressing production issues.
- Collaborate with other IT staff within the RRT and the IT Operations Center (ITOC) to monitor internal networks and connections to network providers using various network monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Complete service level tasks, including IP address requests, DNS requests and account provisioning requests.
- Perform periodic datacenter cabling efforts (installs, changes, removals).
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of broad work experience including administration, engineering and security
- 3+ years of experience in LAN and WAN architectures and routing protocols, and a thorough working knowledge of Internet protocols and services.
- In-depth experience in configuring, deploying and optimizing layer 2 and layer 3 internetworking devices, specifically Cisco products.
- Strong experience in troubleshooting network related issues.
- Working knowledge of Checkpoint or ASA network firewalls and their use in providing network security.
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously and balance conflicting demands
- Strong sense of professionalism, integrity and ethics
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences.
- CCNA or equivalent Cisco certifications a plus
- Cisco ACI experience preferred