|Published||November 23, 2022|
Job Description: Network Architect
At DXC Technology, delivering excellence for our customers and colleagues is more than just a motto, it's something we strive towards constantly through our work. Every day we deliver mission critical services in a secure environment whilst promoting our people first agenda, a real sense of community and a healthy work-life balance. Our consistently positive customer feedback and continuous growth helps us cement our place as one of the world's leading IT solutions enterprises, helping us deliver services and solutions in both challenging and exciting situations.
We believe that hiring a diverse team is crucial to our success and our recruiting decisions are based on your skills and experience as an individual. We actively encourage consistent growth on our journey towards a culture of inclusion and recognise that the people we employ are vital to providing a great customer experience. As such, we have a variety of training, support, and tools available to aid in your continual personal and professional development. Our ongoing goal is to drive innovation and modernise operations across the board, which includes furthering the skills of our colleagues.
At DXC, building a better you, builds a better us. At DXC, one of our platinum accounts has an opening for a hybrid working Network Architect. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who will have proven hands-on experience in an engineering background specialising in Software Defined Networking in a DC environment. The candidate should also be passionate about conceptualising, designing, and resolving architectural problems and be able to switch between system design/architecture, hands on development, implementation, and client engagement activities.
- Work closely with the Account Solution Architect to design, and implement innovative approaches to their problems and challenges
- Have a deep technical understanding to support engineers in the build and development of POC's and have a hands-on approach to designing and implementing solutions which have high availability, achieve performance metrics and are scalable
- Helping to shape, evolve and document the architecture that underpins the existing platforms and services and lead their on-going transition from legacy systems to cloud based architectures.
- Interacting with project roles as required, to gain an understanding of the complex business environment, technical context, end client requirements and organisational strategic direction.
- Advising our customer on the latest technologies and methodologies
What you will bring to the team:
- Enthusiasm for collaboration and excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- An interest in keeping up with emerging tools, techniques, and technologies
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- A flexible and Agile way of working within a fast paced and everchanging environment.
- Attention to detail with a pragmatic and enthusiastic attitude to work
- Demonstrates a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and tenacity to achieve a positive result
- Is a self-starter, overcomes obstacles and is driven to succeed
- Works well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Rapid adaptability in terms of technology and approach are key
Desirable Skills and Technologies:
- A proven track record in complex Network Designs, Network Management and deep troubleshooting principles.
- A deep understanding of Cisco design principles with a DC focus and VMware NSX offerings. Other SDN offerings would be beneficial.
- Deployment automation technologies.
- The ability to code, especially Infrastructure as code.
- A track record in the design and application of systems, leveraging automation technologies.
- Design of large, complex systems including practical experimentation and development skills
- Has both technical breadth and depth and great client engagement skills
- Deep knowledge in the following technologies: Cisco ACI, VMware NSX, F5 Load-Balancing including GTM, LTM, ASM and APM modules, Cisco and Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco ISE.
- Knowledge or appreciation of some the listed technologies: Cisco Hyperflex, Cisco UCS, Dell VxRail, VMware ESX, Azure Stack, Red Hat OpenShift.
What we will do for you:
- Competitive compensation
- Pension scheme
- DXC Select - Our comprehensive benefits package (includes private health/medical insurance, childcare vouchers, gym membership and more)
- Perks at Work (discounts on technology, groceries, travel and more)
- DXC incentives (recognition tools, employee lunches, regular social events etc)
Intelligent Resource is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI 100 and Business Disability Forum partner organisation.
Should you choose to contact Intelligent Resource regarding this role or apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website.