|Published||November 6, 2022|
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
The Network Engineer will collaborate with cross-functional teams to assist in designing solutions for AJG US and International business units, partners and customers. The Network Engineer will build, deploy, and support the solutions in conjunction with other engineering and operations resources.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
* Will work with Infrastructure leadership, other IS teams and business units to engineer, recommend, plan technical projects to meet network reliability, tactical, performance, or controls needs.
* Analyzes business needs; gather requirements, designs, installs, troubleshoots, and supports technical solutions in a world-class infrastructure.
* Develops and documents models, plans, diagrams, illustrations, and procedures in support of engineering activities and network related business initiatives.
* Participates in regular meetings and conference calls with customers and IT staff to help qualify opportunities and technical solutions.
* Creates capital expenditure (CAPEX) requests and tracks the progress of hardware & software orders.
* 5 years experience in network & security engineering and operational support within enterprise organizations preferred.
* 5 years of experience leading project teams and/or mentoring junior engineers.
* In depth knowledge and understanding of networking technologies, design principles, and the practical application of routers, switches, virtualization, storage, storage networking virtualization/zoning, load-balancers and network security.
* Experience working with SDN solutions such as Cisco ACI, VMware VNX
* Knowledge of network security solutions such as firewalls, VPNs, Intrusion detection/prevention, and web application firewalls.
* Strong technical knowledge and experience in several of the following (certification a plus):
* Palo Alto Networks firewalls and security solutions
* PAN CDL
* Cisco Routing/Switching
* PBR for traffic management
* Cisco ASA
* Cisco ACI
* Cisco ISE
* QoS, prioritization of voice and video
* Proven understanding of network segmentation/isolation, encryption architectures
* Strong documentation skills and experience generating technical documents, diagrams, solution specifications, guidelines, processes, and procedures.
* Scripting & automation skills and related concepts are a plus
* Appropriate Cisco and/or PAN certifications preferred
* Excellent communications and customer service skills with proven ability to communicate professionally in a corporate environment.
* Experience in standardizing and automating network & security configurations and deployments
* Experience with software and hardware troubleshooting and system monitoring.
* Ability to work nights and weekends as needed for implementations and being a point of escalation
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
* Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
* Are you 18 years of age or older or can you demonstrate legal capacity to enter a contract?
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
* Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.