|Date Posted||August 11, 2019|
1. Network Engineering (Design/Project Based work)
2. Cisco (Routing/Switching)
4. Exposure to SD-WAN
**Candidates must be a W2 employee of TEKsystems***
The Network Engineer II is a key member on the Network Core Team. This position includes implementing new network hardware/software, maintaining existing products or services and participating in troubleshooting operational issues. The role will collaborate with vendors, operational staff and peer organizations to ensure the stability and integrity of Client's Network infrastructure. In addition, it is vital that the Network Engineer successfully integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities.
* Configure, deploy and maintain networking solutions of Client's LAN, WAN, WLAN, SDWAN, Cloud and Network Security focused infrastructure.
* Develop and recommend strategies for network growth, datacenter network security and enhancements by maximizing functionality of network equipment such as switches, routers, wireless infrastructure and firewalls.
* Participates in regular meetings and conference calls with customers and IS staff to help qualify opportunities and technical solutions for optimizing the network. Drives design solutions through deployment.
* Acts as a point of escalation for other IS teams regarding network infrastructure issues.
* Acts as Tier II/III line of support for Network Core trouble tickets.
* Maintains monitoring of network infrastructure, including alert configuration, new device provisioning and general day to day functioning of the monitoring tool set.
* Analyzes performance data and metrics, identifies problem areas and provides actionable insight to problem resolution.
* Develops and documents models, plans, diagrams, illustrations, and procedures in support of engineering activities and network related business initiatives.
* Reviews and responds to trouble tickets generated for the team by the corporate help desk; works with end users through resolution as necessary.
* Drives issues through closure engaging all appropriate cross-team resources.
* Performs complex and routine maintenance tests for designated areas of engineering; identifies, isolates, and escalates issues to appropriate personnel.
* Participates in off-hours support rotation of designated network resources.
* Collaborate with other Sr Network Engineers for business continuity review and execution.
* Maintain a professional demeanor at all times adhering to Client's, policies and procedures and Code of Ethics.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar, or equivalent relevant work experience.
* Minimum of 3 years' experience providing operational support for predominately Cisco networking technologies and infrastructures.
* Advanced experience with WAN technologies such as MPLS, Ethernet, T1's, and LTE.
* Advanced knowledge of Cisco equipment (Routers, Nexus switches, ASA VPN Appliance, Wireless controllers) required. Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) knowledge a plus.
* Advanced knowledge of routing (BGP, OSPF, HSRP, VRRP and VRF).
* Strong knowledge of VOIP, including QoS on LAN and WAN.
* Experience with Security, Layer Two & Three Switching, VLANs, VPN's.
* Strong interpersonal skills with a desire to collaborate with internal and external business/technical teams.
* Knowledge of Cisco ASA firewalls and IPSec VPNs required.
* Strong knowledge of Cisco ISE preferred.
* Knowledge of CheckPoint firewalls a plus.
* Knowledge on based network applications such as proxy servers, Network monitoring tools (ExtraHop, SolarWinds ORION, Cisco Prime, Netflow Scrutinizer).
* Knowledge of Industry best practices when it comes to network design, network monitoring and security.
* Ability to work out of any of Client's Chicagoland area facilities on any given day.
* Up to 10% overnight travel may be required.
* CCNA or CCNP preferred.
* ITIL framework knowledge and certifications a plus.
* Knowledge of network Load balancing technologies, F5 BigIP and LTM a plus.
* Communications: Excellent interpersonal, creativity, attention to detail, and oral and written communication skills tailored for the intended audience.
* Physical Demands: Must be able to lift and move equipment up to 30 lbs. Must be able to install and route cables inside of equipment rack cabinets and small equipment rooms.
* Occasional extended work hours and weekends required for maintenance activities.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.