Network Engineer ACI
|Published||March 19, 2023|
Candidate will satisfy the majority of the following list of qualifications:
• Six years+ experience in an architect, design, operations/support, and/or project implementation role for a large enterprise network
• Hands-on experience with Cisco network hardware including routers, switches, and security appliances
• Knowledge and experience with networking protocols and configurations including OSPF, BGP, HSRP, multicast, SIP, QoS, VLANs, and MPLS.
• Experience with Implementation and support of Cloud based networking including security considerations
• Experience with design and implementation of data center networks, including blade server environments, server virtualization, and extensive experience supporting Cisco ACI
• Experience with the design of physical networks including fiber and copper cabling
• Knowledge and experience with network management systems
• Familiarity with operating systems (Cisco IOS Cisco NXOS, LINUX, Windows) and scripting languages
• 3+ years hands-on administration experience with a Cisco ACI network environment.
Candidate will satisfy the majority of the following list of desired skills:
• Ability to work effectively alone and as a member of a team to complete assignments
• Must have the initiative to create structure and definition around a project, and to drive it through to successful completion
• Advanced planning, critical thinking and design skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Proficiency with creating and updating technical documentation.
• Experience in project management methodology
• Ability to maintain focus on multiple projects concurrently
Candidate will work as a member of a group responsible for support of IP data and telecommunications network connectivity within the NS enterprise. Candidate should have an advanced understanding of architecture and design issues in a complex enterprise network.
Various projects and areas of responsibility include the following: WAN/LAN network architecture, IPAM, mobile networking, data center network infrastructure, network services (e.g. DNS/DHCP), Internet/DMZ/VPN environments, network security (firewalls, IDS/IPS), as well as network monitoring, management, and performance tools and methods. Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance is required. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary. Depending on the project, some travel may be required.
A significant part of the required daily activities involves support of the existing network infrastructure in NS data centers.
Since 1827, Norfolk Southern Corporation (NYSE: NSC) and its predecessor companies have safely moved the goods and materials that drive the U.S. economy. Today, it operates a customer-centric and operations-driven freight transportation network. Committed to furthering sustainability, Norfolk Southern helps its customers avoid 15 million tons of yearly carbon emissions by shipping via rail. Its dedicated team members deliver more than 7 million carloads annually, from agriculture to consumer goods, and is the largest rail shipper of auto products and metals in North America. Norfolk Southern also has the most extensive intermodal network in the eastern U.S., serving a majority of the country's population and manufacturing base, with connections to every major container port on the Atlantic coast as well as the Gulf of Mexico and Great Lakes. Learn more by visiting www.NorfolkSouthern.com.
At Norfolk Southern, we believe in celebrating our individuality. By leveraging the unique backgrounds and viewpoints of our employees, we can create a culture of innovation, respect, and inclusion. We know that employees thrive in a workplace where differing viewpoints, ideas, and experiences are freely shared and valued. As such, we encourage all employees to contribute their distinctive skills and capabilities to our organization.
Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Together, we power progress.