|Published||September 16, 2023|
|Location||Jersey City, NJ|
NOTICE- Any pay ranges displayed are estimations. Actual pay is determined by an applicant's experience, technical expertise, and other qualifications as listed in the job description. All qualified applicants are welcome to apply.
Job could be three months contract to hire
Three days onsite/week
- Provide technical support for clients network which includes Cisco routers, switches, monitoring and network related systems.
- Support the installation, configuration, maintenance, and monitoring of network related equipment (hardware and software) with current and future developed applications/technology platforms.
- Proactively monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve issues by working on daily, weekly, monthly checklists and system health checks.
- Evaluate performance and capacity of environment to determine required configuration changes, upgrades, and feasibility of expanding or enhancing network related operations.
- Interact with carriers, voice, and collaboration product vendors to insure adequate service, support, and maintenance.
- Monitor and maintain equipment to insure non-interruption of service.
- Report and escalate any performance issues or outages to management.
- Liaise with vendors, other departments, and organizations. This would include issues involving proper system use, special requirements, and/or training needs.
- Install, configure, and maintain all network related equipment as required within offices and data centers.
- Develop and maintain accurate documentation for network related equipment and environment peripherals.
- Perform routine maintenance such as patching, software and firmware updates and backups for all network related systems.
Relevant Experiences and Qualifications:
- B.S. in a technical field or a relevant combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in designing, implementing, administering, and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices, including routers, switches, and monitoring applications.
- Must demonstrate excellent knowledge in engineering standards, design, and maintenance best practices for enterprise networks including LAN/WAN, VoIP, Video and Wireless.
- Technical expertise with hands-on experience in Cisco ACI, Cisco IOS, and Cisco NX-OS configurations.
- Hands-on experience in Cisco Wireless deployment and troubleshooting.
- Extensive experience in routing (EIGRP, BGP, RIPv2 and OSPF), switching, and designing high availability operational environments.
- Technical experience working with VPN technologies such as IPSEC and GRE, WAN optimization and acceleration technologies.
- Extensive experience troubleshooting network related problems in an enterprise environment with expertise in routing, switching, and provisioning.
• Deep understanding of current 802.11x standards, 802.1x, and TCP/UDP/IP protocols.
• Assist in the development of network implementation planning.