|Date Posted||September 11, 2020|
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Global Payments is the parent company for TSYS, Netspend, Heartland, TouchNet, OpenEdge, Xenial, Greater Giving, ACTIVE Network, and AdvancedMD. Headquartered in Georgia with over 24,000 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with worldwide reach spanning over 100 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. For more information, visit globalpaymentsinc.com and follow Global Payments on Twitter (@globalpayments), LinkedIn and Facebook.
Summary of This Role
- Attend project calls and determine the progression of deployment and any needs as they relate to F5 load balancing
- Analyze and verify configurations to before deployment to test and production environments.
- Participate in test and validation ensuring F5 load balancing configurations are correct
- Participate and attend all internal engineering project calls to determine the progression of deployment
- Analyze and verify F5 load balancing configurations prior to production
- Expertise and proficiency with iRules
- Experience with CLI and TMSH
- Experience building VIP’s, Pool Members, and Monitors
- Experience setting up DNS, Wide IP, etc
- Understanding of WAF Policy
- Able to implement and deploy changes with an emphasis on F5 load balancing configuration
- Able to create documents explaining and changes and be able to create implementation and back out plans
- Ability to understand complex network design, core switching & core routing
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- 2+ years’ experience with F5 equipment (LTM and GTM)
- Perform LTM SSL offloading and ciphers configuration to secure F5 configurations
- Create virtual servers, pools/pool members, nodes, monitors, etc.
- Perform daily operational F5 tasks
- Prepare network or infrastructure Visio topology diagrams, write Standard Operating
- Procedures and maintenance plans, and provide status reports as required
- Participate in data calls and other operational and maintenance tasks
- Troubleshoot F5 network problems, device configurations and coordinate with various department administrators to facilitate F5 resolution
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: No degree specified
- 2-4 years of enterprise networking experience and/or a Bachelor's Degree
- Engineering work related to Data Center network infrastructure dealing with Cisco Data Center routers switch of Nexus series.
- o Nexus 9k, 3k and Catalyst 6500 switching
- Familiarity with ISR 2900s, 4300, and ASR 1K routers
- Have designed and deployed VxLAN DataCenter fabric with Cisco ACI
- Experience troubleshooting ACI
- Have designed and troubleshooting with dynamic routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF and EIGRP.
- Ability to do discovery of routes across a specific tunnel, ensure no routes are missed at a site, etc
- Expert level understanding of Cisco UCS
- Understanding the interrelationship between firewall and F5 load balancer and DNS
- Self-motivated and ability to clearly communicate with cross technology teams in helping them build and provision and migrate apps to new networks
- Experience cleaning up legacy Checkpoint ACLs and building object groups to reduce ACL lines
- o NAT is used heavily in the position to allow overlap of many customer networks
- Have experience in support of Datacenter migration is a plus
- Ability to document design and technical specification using tools such as Visio, Xcel and Word.
- Ability to work in a fast pace and dynamic environment.
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Job Complexity - Works on assignments that are routine to moderately difficult, requiring some decision in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Supervision - Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- Dynamic Routing - Configure industry standard dynamic routing protocols including but not limited to BGP and OSPF.
- WAN Optimization and QoS - WAN optimization and QoS on global MPLS network carrying voice and data.
- Load Balancing - Global DNS load balancing and local application load balancing.
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.