|Published||September 14, 2022|
ZENETEX is a rapidly growing, energetic, and win-focused enterprise supporting Federal government, military, and civilian agencies. We are an organization committed to growth and shared success for all stakeholders; we are customer-driven, mission-focused, and operate with integrity and trust in all relationships.
We have a great opportunity for a Network Engineer II position to support our government customer based in Bangor, WA. This position is required to be onsite.
The Network Engineer II supports the Information Technology (IT) Networking and Communications Operations and Maintenance (O&M) team to provide enterprise-level, high performance, highly available networking services in direct support of the customers business and mission needs. Specifically, the network engineers will be responsible for a variety of engineering and operational related assignments associated with deployed operational solutions backed by Cisco, Juniper, Riverbed, and SolarWinds on multiple sets of enterprise-level IT systems in support of the customers Remote Office/Branch Office (ROBO) and data center environments.
Under the guidance of the Senior Network Engineer, the Network Engineers provide O&M support - installation, testing, validation, sustainment, upgrading, and decommissioning as it relates to enterprise networking devices to include: switches, routers, firewalls, encryption devices, copper- and fiber-based connectivity. They also support the mid-to-senior level internal escalation tier(s) for the Networking O&M team providing advanced troubleshooting support and guidance to rapidly assess and remediate challenges in the networking arena that arise.
Network Engineers produce and maintain documentation of the network system(s), subsystems(s), and component(s) in the customers IT Networking Portfolio, including as-built documentation, capacity/performance plans, as well as other areas of server systems life-cycle planning.
Travel approximately 20% annually.
- Shall be Cisco Certified Networks Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching and/or CCNP Data Center certified.
- Shall have 5 or more years of progressive and increasingly complex experience working with enterprise-level Cisco hardware (Catalyst, Nexus, etc.), operating systems (10S, NX-OS, ACI, etc.), and technologies (Voice, Video, Routing, Switching, Security, etc.) across enterprise-grade information systems and networks.
- Shall have 3 or more years or experience working with enterprise-level Cisco-based Routing and Switching technologies (ex. BGP, EJGRP, I,ACP, IISRP, OSPP, PC, QoS, STP, VPC, VRF).
- Shall have 3 or more years of experience working with secure encrypted networking devices (i.e., Taclanes and Border Guards) and communication circuits, protocols, and configurations.
- Shall have 3 or more years of experience working with network-based security technologies such as Next Generation Firewalls and Access Control Lists (ACLs) to secure network traffic at all supplied layers of the OSI Reference Model.
- Shall have 3 or more years of experience designing, engineering, implementing, operating and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance and Security standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Requirement Guides (SRGs) and Security Technical (implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and assessing networking systems and solutions proactively for performance degradation and tuning and optimization opportunities.
- Shall meet the Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) Network Operations Specialist (441); Intermediate Level for SECNAV M-5239.2 compliance.
- Associate degree from an accredited University; or
- CompTIA Security+ ce; or
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC); or
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Strongly desired to be CCNP Collaboration, and CCNP Security Certified.
- Demonstrated experience operating, tuning, and troubleshooting Ciscos Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) and TelePresence Management Suite (TMS), and TelePresence Video Communication Server (VCS) to support enterprise collaboration (i.e., Voice and Video) services across a WAN.
- Demonstrated experience working with software-based configuration management solutions capable of documenting, storing and on-demand deployment of pre-generated reviewed, and approved network-device configurations such as SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager (NCM).
- Working knowledge of Cisco data center networking solutions, technologies, and best practices to support in the engineering, design, implementation, and management of modern data center infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of Cisco local and wide area networking (LAN/WAN) solutions, technologies, and best practices to support in the engineering design, implementation, and management of Remote Office/Remote Branch networking requirements as well as smaller purpose-built information systems.
- Working knowledge of Cisco networking security solutions, technologies, and best practices to support the secure implementation and sustainment of enterprise network devices in line with information assurance (IA) and security (INFOSEC) compliance, governance, and requirement. Personal experience working with Cisco Adaptive Security Appliances (ASA) and like products is a plus.
- Working knowledge of advanced troubleshooting techniques, methodologies, processes, and practices to quickly identify and assess and issue, develop the strategy to resolve the issue, implement the resolution, and restore the degraded entity to an operational state while maintaining concern for the original configuration and the overall INFOSEC posture of the environment.
- Demonstrated experience operating and maintaining the Riverbed Steelhead appliance product line to provide WAN Optimization and Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) throughout a globally dispersed WAN.
- Demonstrated experience operating and maintaining Juniper Firewalls to include device installation, setup and configuration, testing, and sustainment of firewall proxy, and VPN rules.
- Demonstrated experience working with advanced Cisco Data Center technologies such as the Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) and/or Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) to support Software Defined Networking (SDN), Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) enterprise solutions.
- This position will require U.S. citizenship and an active DoD TS/SCI clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph is required.
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.