|Date Posted||October 8, 2019|
The successful candidate will serve as a member of the Core Infrastructure Network Engineering team responsible for providing network support for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Candidate must be familiar with advanced networking concepts and technologies, including routing, switching, application centric topologies, and 3 zone architectures. Candidate must be highly motivated, able to work in a collaborative team environment, and independently. Plans and configures network communications systems based on Cisco platforms. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
Conducts testing of network design using Cisco Prime and Wireshark. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, bridges, gateways, firewalls, etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Develop and maintain configurations plans for Cisco ACI design, planning, implementation, and testing, based on a multi datacenter configurations.
- Manage and maintain WAN connections between multiple remote offices, Cloud presence (AWS, Azure), and several primary datacenter managed by several different owners.
- Migration of 3 zone architecture into a more robust application centric model based on Cisco ACI and VMware NSX.
- Ability to utilize network overlay technology for integration with AWS and Route 53.
- Experience with Cisco OTV for cross datacenter connectivity.
- Assist with design, implementation and testing of Cisco Tetration and Cisco Prime platforms
- Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining boundary security solutions and exposure to enterprise network architecture.
- Experience analyzing network traffic, using a variety of network tools to assess security-related events to assist in rapid identification and isolation of issues during incidents and outages.
- Migration of datacenters from IPv4 to IPv6
- Integration concepts of InfoBlox into a multi grid enterprise solution across multiple datacenters.
- Strong troubleshooting skills specific to network security and ability to effectively work in cross functional teams as needed to resolve issues
- Must have the ability to work independently on multiple tasks
- BS degree and 8 – 10 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 8 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience configuring/administrating various network technologies including: Cisco Prime, Tetration, Cisco OTV, ACI, VMware NSX, Route 53, Cisco 1000v,
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), customer service and teaming skills and strong attention to detail.
- Experience as mentor\team lead providing work direction and guidance to other personnel.
- Prepare or ensure that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions and diagrams using Visio.
Industry Security Certifications (Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CompTIA, AWS, CISSP, GIAC, or other security certifications)
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178