|Published||September 13, 2023|
|Location||Greenwood Village, CO|
Network Engineer- Infra. Technology Specialist
Location- Englewood, Colorado
Cognizant Technology Solutions (NASDAQ: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming customers' business, operating, and technology models for the digital economy. With annual revenues of ~$16 billion and a market value of ~$35 billion, the company aids prominent clients in adapting to shifts and disruptions within their markets. Cognizant has a 25-year record of industry-leading growth (both organic and through acquisitions) and was recently named to the top 20 of the Fortune Future 50 list - a ranking of U.S. companies with the best prospects for breakout growth.
At Cognizant, we give organizations the insights to anticipate what customers want and act instantly to deliver on those demands so our clients can achieve the goal of every modern business: staying one step ahead of a constantly evolving world. In addition to honors such as being listed #194 on Fortune's 2022 Fortune 500, Cognizant was again named on Fortune's List of the Global Most Admired Companies for 2022.
About the group:
Cognizant's Cloud, Infrastructure, and Security Services Practice (CIS), is all about embracing digital transformation by driving core modernization holistically across layers. We help customers transform infrastructure and workplace to meet the rapidly evolving needs of the digital era. Our holistic approach delivers key results for our customers by achieving cloud driven modernization and workplace and operational transformation to run the business in a secure environment.
•Manages all aspects of the networking platforms including maintenance and release levels support services configuration backup and recovery security and performance.
•Offers remedies and performs necessary actions to eliminate or reduce the chances of the problem reoccurring.
•Analyzes defines documents and implements new or improved network and communications systems that improve network availability performance security and usability and support corporate business objectives.
•Delivers solutions that not only fix the problem at hand but that reduce the occurrence of such problems arising in the future.
•Monitors and tunes the network infrastructure and equipment to ensure high availability and good performance.
•Handle escalated incidents high pressure situations. - Technical and/or professional certification and experience with one or more Cloud hosting ( Private or public cloud) implementations.
•Strong Cisco configuration skills (NX-OS IOS) and network architecture skills especially data center. - Cisco ACI experience is must.
•Strong Experience in Firewall management: ASA and PaloAlto firewall skills to configure complex access rule NAT/PAT configuration and troubleshooting. - Load balancing skills ( F5 and Citrix NetScaler) understanding of different types of load-balancing methods persistency and SSL off-loading.
•Proficient with multiple routing protocols and redistribution (BGP OSPF and EIGRP). - Proficient with VPC port channel VLAN VXLAN.
•Storage networking troubleshooting skills can handle / resolve escalated incidents. - Troubleshooting skills using Wireshark and other diagnostic tools
•Experience utilizing and configuring industry standard Network monitoring syslog and management tools (SolarWinds Cisco ISE Panorama Splunk etc) - VMWARE NSX and Azure Could experience a strong plus.
- 6-7 years of Network infrastructure management , Datacenter experience
- Strong Routing and switching experience: Must have extensive work experience in VPC, routing protocols like BGP and OSPF. configuration and troubleshooting. Proficient with VLAN and VXLAN.
- Cisco ACI knowledge is must , good understanding of Cisco Application centric Infrastructure. ACI experience to implement new configuration, troubleshooting and code upgrades.
- Experience with Firewall management: Cisco ASA and PaloAlto , Ability to understand and setup complex policies , NAT / PAT , Twice NAT. Strong firewall troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Load balancer: In depth understanding of Citrix NetScaler or F5 load balancer: Able to implement customized application load-balancing settings for different types of VIP with SSL offloading. New deployments of physical and virtual load-balancers.
- Experience with infrastructure management tools (SolarWinds, Splunk , Venafi , Cisco ISE , Panorama ) and ITSM tool SNOW.
- Understanding of Azure Public cloud networking.
- Understanding of VMware NSX , working experience is strong plus.
- Storage networking troubleshooting skills, can handle / resolve escalated incidents.
- Ability to handle customer escalations, derives resolution / fixes quickly.
- Deep packet level troubleshooting skills using Wireshark and other diagnostic tools
- Ability to drive problem management and RCA.
- Good verbal , written and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible to work in US Mountain morning hours , and ready to adjust based on critical business needs.
Salary and Other Compensation :
The annual salary for this position is between $70,000 to $85,000 depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
This position is also eligible for Cognizant's discretionary annual incentive program, based on performance and subject to the terms of Cognizant's applicable plans.
Benefits : Cognizant offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid holidays plus Paid Time Off
- 401(k) plan and contributions
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. Cognizant reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Flexible with on-call support rotation in a month.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (such as an H-1B visa) for this opportunity
Proficiency Level *
Load balancer Citrix Netscaler
* Proficiency Legends
The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.
The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.
The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.
The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.