|Date Posted||September 16, 2020|
Genesis10 is seeking a Network Engineer for a contract position with our client in Eagan, MN. Currently remote.
Main responsibilities that the candidate will be responsible for:
- Interfacing with various client teams, vendors, clients and others for the implementation and support of networking products and services
- Install and support various Data Center and Enterprise routing and switching infrastructure (maintain edge, core, aggregation and access layer Network devices).
- Contribute to Data Center and Enterprise LAN/WAN environments and overall network future infrastructure architecture and support strategy.
- Work with Service Providers to document and install data network circuits
- Install and support the LAN and WAN environment at all client Locations
- Collaborate with other staff and departments to meet department and project deadlines.
- Collaborate with IT Security departments to mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Document network infrastructure changes
- Use ITIL process and procedures for change, incident and problem management of perimeter network environments.
- Other duties as assigned
What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Cisco certification or equivalent experience
- 5+ years extensive technical experience in a variety of Networking areas, including:
- Design, implement and support of :
- WAN Technologies
- Cisco ISR/ASR Hardware
- Cisco IOS Hardware
- VPN on Cisco routers
- Cisco Nexus Hardware
- Routing technologies (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Carrier grade QoS and Enterprise QoS
- Experience with other IT infrastructure technologies including network, and security perimeter technologies in a converged voice/data network environment.
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work equally well in team or independent situations
- Experience with:
- WAN Providers & Circuit Delivery
- Telecom expense & management
- regulatory compliance requirements (such as HIPAA and PCI)
- local and global Load Balancing
- DNS, DHCP, NTP, IPAM
- NAC (Network Access Control) Platforms
- PKI, RADIUS, RSA, TACACS
- auditing and assessment tools such as Tufin and Qualys
- Network monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and business analysis skills.
Success Metrics; list any identifiable measure of project success and how they will be measured:
Complete projects on time and per the success criteria.
What are the technologies and the depth of the technologies that a candidate must have in order to be successful in this role?
Leadership & Organizational
VPN on Cisco Routers
Cisco ISR/ASR Hardware
Cisco IOS Hardware
Cisco Nexus Hardware
IT Maint Project – EOL and support backlog
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
Genesis10 provides access to career opportunities with over 40 clients in the Twin Cities. As the #3 ranked firm for Business and IT consulting in Minnesota, we offer a variety of opportunities whether you are looking for contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent positions. Let's connect today!
Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
• Medical and dental insurance available- including HSA
• Bi-weekly payroll
• Established consultant re-marketing program with our 50+ local clients!
• 401k plan
• Downtown Minneapolis/St. Paul parking allowance
• Delivery Director for employee success and support
• Referral program with the opportunity to earn additional income
Genesis10 is a Professional Technology Services Firm providing Staffing, Workforce Optimization and Domestic Outsourcing Solutions. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com “Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”