|Location||Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ|
|Date Posted||February 8, 2020|
Our client is currently seeking a Network Manager for a full-time/permanent role (W2 only).
You will be responsible for designing technical solutions and coordinating with staff to ensure timely and accurate implementation. You will provide Tier III support as well as numerous network and related projects. The ideal candidate is a senior level Cisco Network Engineer with extensive knowledge and experience of Cisco core routing and switching design, configuration, and troubleshooting in addition to administration / managerial skills.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage a team of 3 Network Engineers and the day-to-day network operations of a dynamic nationwide ~50 site WAN, respond to alerts, perform proactive maintenance
- Design, configuration, and troubleshooting of enterprise class networks and systems
- Work with customers, management and other technical teams to resolve customer issues, outages and tickets
- Oversee and manage new network installations (New offices / Office moves)
- Technical product evaluation and selection
- Present technical concepts and maintain technical documentation
- Assesses network performance to ensure that it meets the present and future needs of the business. Provide network-planning recommendations to management.
- Conduct evaluations of new technologies to optimize network security, efficiencies and performance
- Maintains a security minded approach to all network configurations and implementations
- Work closely with Cyber Security department on implementing security applications, policies and procedures to protect the network and comply with various industry regulations
- Maintain complete and accurate inventory of network assets – including management of Cisco SmartNet
- Develop and maintain Network policies and procedures
- Will be required to work hours other than their regular schedule such as nights and weekends. Managerial On-Call responsibilities.
- 10+ years Cisco networking experience.
- Specific experience with Cisco routers, switches and firewalls, specifically Nexus and ASA’s is a must.
- Advanced knowledge of IOS, NX-OS, EIGRP, BGP, GRE and OSPF
- OTV/LISP/ACI/APIC/SDWAN experience a plus
- IPS/IDS Experience (Firepower/Fortinet/Palo Alto) experience a plus
- Citrix Netscaler experience a plus
- IP WAN and QoS design, maintenance and troubleshooting experience a must.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Network Security, including the design, configuration, and tuning of Cisco security appliances
- Cisco Call manager experience and SIP gateways a plus.
- Working knowledge of fault-tolerant network engineering.
- Experience with packet analyzers and root cause determination of networking issues.
- Cisco certifications (e.g. CCNP, CCDP, and/or CCIE) strongly desired.
- Skilled in using Visio, other network documentation and discovery software.
- SolarWinds/Splunk administration and monitoring experience a plus.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Because Cisco engineers work as part of a team to install and support networks and their users, they must have good communication and interpersonal skills. Strong analytical skills are also critical for identifying, troubleshooting and solving problems
- Ability to manage a team independently and foster a team environment.
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple priorities across the network team