|Published||January 10, 2023|
Role: Network Security Analyst
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Peterborough, United Kingdom
Ready to closely engage with a leading life and pensions industry in the UK market?
Looking for an opportunity to utilize your knowledge on security tools and technologies in the life and pensions industry?
We have an exciting new role for you – Network Security Analyst.
Careers at TCS: It means more
TCS is a purpose-led transformation company, built on belief. We don’t just help businesses to transform through technology. We support them in making a meaningful difference to the people and communities they serve - our clients include some of the biggest brands in the UK and worldwide. For you, it means more to make an impact that matters, through challenging projects which demand ambitious innovation.
- Build and maintain a team of high-performing individuals.
- Develop a culture of innovation and empowerment to deliver real change on a massive scale.
- Contribute, be an ambassador, and drive delivery of the network security strategy.
As a Network Security Analyst, you will be responsible to build and operate supporting environment to host and service the Platform applications. Cyber security team is responsible for security of applications used to provide the TPA services to policy holders.
- Conduct the security audits for firewalls, proxy, API gateways, WAF, DLP, and other perimeter systems.
- Evaluate the security risks associated with perimeter changes, verify the mitigations, and provide recommendations.
- Analyze the perimeter events and produce the risk analyze of perceived threats.
- Periodically assess perimeter security controls.
- Conduct the threat assessment of perimeter security solution design and recommend the mitigation for identified risks.
- Investigate the security incidents associated with perimeter systems.
- Response the major security incidents, coordinate with technology teams to contain the threat, and recover service and data.
- Provide the inputs for crises management plan.
- Coordinate the execution of penetration testing.
- Develop the standard operating procedure and process for perimeter security control testing and audit.
- Test the perimeter security controls and be responsible for perimeter security control design and audit.
- Maintain the perimeter security audit and testing process.
- Knowledge of security tools and technologies such as Firewall, WAF, Proxy, DLP and others.
- Good understanding of networking concepts and technologies – Checkpoint, Cisco ACI, Zscalar and Forcepoint.
- Good understanding of NIST, ISO 27001, and CIS standards.
- Knowledge of NIST Cyber Security Framework and NIST Special Publication 800-50 Cyber Security Controls.
- Familiarity with NCSC Cyber Security guidance for Network Security.
- Good years of experience in demonstrating capability in various network security solutions such as Firewalls (Check Point, Cisco, Palo Alto), AlgoSec Firewall Analyzer & Automation, Cloud technologies, Network proxy, Web Application Firewalls, DLP.
- Experience supporting Security Operation Centre, Third Party Security Assurance and Customer Security Assurance Programmes.
- Experienced with IT Security Risk management.
- Experience with governance in network security.
Good to have:
- CCNA or CCNP or CCSE and SSCP Certification.
Rewards & Benefits
TCS is consistently voted a Top Employer in the UK and globally. Our competitive salary packages feature pension, health care, life assurance, laptop, phone, access to extensive training resources and discounts within the larger Tata network.
Diversity, Inclusion & Wellbeing
At TCS, we believe in building and sustaining a culture of equity and belonging where everyone can thrive. Our diversity motto is ‘Inclusion without Exception’.
You’ll find a welcoming culture and many internal volunteering and social networks to join. Our diversity, inclusion and social activities include LGBTQ+ and mental health networks, as well as health and wellness initiatives and sports events (we even sponsor the London Marathon).
TCS celebrates inclusion without exception. We are open to all and treat applications equally, regardless of ethnicity, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, or beliefs.
If you are an applicant who needs an accommodation due to a disability to complete an employment application, or during any phase of the hiring process, please contact us at
[Click Here to Email Your Resumé] with the subject line: “Disability Accommodation Request”.
Due to a high volume of applications, we will be unable to contact each applicant individually on the status of their application. If you have not received a direct response within 30 days, then it should be deemed unsuccessful on this occasion.
1. Online application > 2. Technical discussion > 3. Managerial discussion > 4. HR discussion
Join us and do more of what matters. Apply online now.