|Date Posted||May 19, 2020|
Network Security Engineer - Quantico, VA
Aerotek's client has an immediate opportunity for a Network (Datacenter) Engineer to support our Government customer at Quantico. The selected candidate will work with a high performance team to develop and design robust networks for our client's enterprise network and datacenter infrastructure. The Network Engineer will need to work well with a team, exhibit excellent customer service skills at all times and be self-motivated seeking ways to improve the environment.
**Active Top Secret (TS) Clearance Required**
- Provide subject matter expertise related to the engineering, configuration, installation, troubleshooting and support of Cisco Nexus 9000 series switch fabric, Firepower/ASA and ASR-9000/1000 series core routers.
- Provide engineering and configuration support for boundary firewalls (Cisco 5500/4100 series and Forcepoint 6200/3000 series firewalls).
- Provide engineering and technical support in the design, development and implementation of network/datacenter infrastructure components, capacity enhancements, and technical refresh activities.
- Develop and maintain designated engineering design documents such as architecture artifacts, Layer 1/2/3 detail design, sample configurations, routine configuration "how-to" documents for network admins, rack/cable cut sheets, and prepare technical presentations with current information.
- Test/validate deployment of security patches and software upgrades, non-disruptive whenever possible, in a lab environment, then prepare detail instructions for operations to perform those activities in production.
- Conduct technical analyses of engineering and installation documentation; such as, design packages, site preparation, and installation plans pertinent to the design, installation, and checkout of communication systems.
- Work closely with the Information Security Office to ensure solutions deployed meet our client's Technical Security Requirements and comply with Key Control Policies.
- Experience creating low-level network design documentation including detailed Visio diagrams.
- Occasional tasking outside of normal business hours for incident support and maintenance windows.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 8+ years of professional experience as a network engineer managing enterprise data center or service provider networks.
- Advanced understanding of routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP.
- At least 3 years' experience with datacenter network fabric technologies such as MLAG, VPC, FabricPath, VXLAN, MP-BGP, and EVPN.
- Experience with SDN/SDDC solutions (Cisco ACI, VMWare NSX).
- Solid understanding of network fundamentals, TCP/IP routing and switching, Ethernet, and fault-tolerant networking using Cisco technology.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.