|Published||November 10, 2022|
AHEAD builds platforms for digital business. By weaving together advances in cloud infrastructure, automation and analytics, and software delivery, we help enterprises deliver on the promise of digital transformation.
At AHEAD, we prioritize creating a culture of belonging, where all perspectives and voices are represented, valued, respected, and heard. We create spaces to empower everyone to speak up, make change, and drive the culture at AHEAD.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and do not discriminate based on an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived.
We embrace all candidates that will contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives at AHEAD.
Network Security Pre Sales Specialist
The AHEAD Network Security Specialist will be focused on the core tenets of Network and Network Security related solutions for AHEAD prospects and customers including a broad range of technologies. As a member of our specialist team, you will be considered an organizational thought leader for this marketplace.
You will work in partnership with multiple sales representatives to help build a cohesive account strategy for each existing and prospective client. As part of this strategy, you will help sales representatives identify potential technologies and vendors to partner with in a given account and assist in driving this strategy throughout a given campaign.
Time management and prioritization are essential attributes to be successful. Your goal is to evolve into the technical thought leader for each of your clients. In this capacity, you will work to define strategy, compare and contrast alternative approaches, and build key relationships, as well as size and configure products. Positioning and leveraging subject matter experts and inside consultants is a necessity to scale your effectiveness within accounts.
AHEAD is actively recruiting for this role and is looking for candidates who consider themselves as a "Next Generation Network / Datacenter Architect." A core tenet and base requirement for this position is understanding and mastery of Cisco Route/Switch and/or DataCenter technologies. Outside of this core tenet, our expectation is to attract, recruit and attain resources who have a desired to focus not only on traditional on-premise Cisco solutions, but also to be looking to career, technology and skill advancement by being actively willing to demonstrate skills and ability to learn new technologies including multiple SDN solutions, network security, load balancing, edge / acceleration, and cloud technologies. Understanding that the impetus and impact of Cloud computing is real and should be incorporated into solutions is key. Experience or eagerness to learn about and with network and system / access design with Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure or other cloud services is a key requirement.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Participation, Leadership and Coordination of the AHEAD virtual team for Network Infrastructure
* You will also be responsible for working with the AHEAD partner management team and directly with selected vendors to maintain vendor technical and sales relationships
* As a Network Specialist you are a thought leader within the Engineering organization, responsible for designing, architecting, and, at times, consulting for Ahead clients
* Your goal as a Network Lead should be to build skills, relationships, and industry credibility across many segments to drive product, services and consulting sales
* Support the sales teams during engagements by providing advice and solutions or proposals optimized to meet customer technical and business requirements
* Develops relationships with the account managers, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages team specialist resources as appropriate
* Strategizes and executes technical sales calls
* Completes required pre-sales documentation (configurations, pricing, services, presentations, justifications etc.) quickly and accurately
* Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, decision making process and funding
* Presents and markets the design and value of proposed Ahead solutions and business justification to customers, prospects and Ahead management
* Participates in mentorship of entry-level team members
* Possesses strong, detailed product / technology / industry knowledge. Knowledge of job associated software and applications
* Network Infrastructure Experience
* Cisco certifications are required. Examples: CCIE, CCNP
* Cisco Nexus 9K, ACI, 7K, 5K, 2K, 1K
* Experience with Converged Network Fabrics / Converged Infrastructure Systems
* IP Routing Protocols
* Layer 2 protocols and technologies
* Cisco Core Datacenter Technologies
* Network Management
* MPLS, DMVPN, Multicast
* Firewalls, VPN, IPSec / L2TP etc
* Network Security
* VMware / VMware NSX
* Palo Alto
* Automation skillet
* F5 / NetScalar
* Amazon AWS, Azure, Cloud connectivity and network fundamentals
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
* Pre Sales and Data Center experience is required
* Professional communication, presentation, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
* Experience working as a technical lead in a pre-sales sales campaign
* Ability to work under critical conditions and influence others to achieve results
* Strong interpersonal skills with excellent presentation skills
* Must be independent, self-motivated, a self-starter and possess a good working attitude
* Able to work well within a team and partner environment
* Customer focused and results driven
Through our daily work and internal groups like Moving Women AHEAD and RISE AHEAD, we value and benefit from diversity of people, ideas, experience, and everything in between.
We fuel growth by stacking our office with top-notch technologies in a multi-million-dollar lab, by encouraging cross department training and development, sponsoring certifications and credentials for continued learning.
We understand that you have a life outside of work. That's why we offer flexible paid time off, paid company holidays, and the ability for you to manage your work schedule as needed.