|Published||November 21, 2022|
Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1,000 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Ideal candidates will have qualities true to our core…
Street -Smart thriving in dynamic times> You are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. You know how your job affects the whole mission. You get the bigger picture. You understand why your job matters to Trace3 and how to help grow the business. You exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely manner.
Entrepreneurial Spirit capitalizing on opportunity> You think like an entrepreneur. You continuously innovate, come up with solutions and drive change. You solve problems for the betterment of the company. You look for new and productive ways to make an impact. You find better ways to sell or provide solutions and are good at it.
Juice the “stuff” it takes to be a needle mover and a game changer> You are a well-respected achiever that gets things done and drives results. You “bring the weather” by demonstrating leadership, character, and passion. You lead without a title, empowering others and inspiring trust. You treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. You hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures, not just their success.
About The Role
The Regional Engagement Architect will be responsible for providing technical expertise in the creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet our customer’s needs in the areas of Networking and Network Security. While leading in a presales and delivery capacity, the Regional Engagement Architect will leverage mainstream and emerging technologies to solve key technical challenges for clients. A vital function of this role will be building deep relationships, gaining trust, and enabling client success to ensure opportunity and delivery engagements are successful.
What You’ll Do
- Implement and deliver technical solutions within focus areas
- Develop BOMs (Bill of Materials)/proposals and provide recommendations
- Provide pre-sales support to account teams
- Determine detailed customer requirements and interface with the customer to meet the business goals
- Lead technical discussions to understand business requirements and translate them into functional specifications
- Provide architect-level support for customer projects, including design, implementation, testing, and support for new deployments, expansions, environment refreshes, and upgrades. This includes troubleshooting customer environments.
- Provide network architect consulting services, including assessment, design, and implementation of secure data networking environments, which may include WAN/LAN routing (static, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS), MPLS (IPVPN – Layer 2 & Layer 3), multicast, switching, wireless and security configuration deployment.
- Create pre and post-sales technical deliverables, including (but not limited to) physical and logical network diagrams, network assessments, capacity planning, detailed design documents, implementation plans, configurations, and change orders.
- Effectively manage the implementation process from design to customer acceptance
- Recommend new technologies, best practices, and tools that support the growth of the client’s business
- Prepare and present demos for discipline focuses
- Review designs with manufacturers in their technical discipline(s)
- Develop SOWs (Statements of Work) and/or technical scope of large SOWs
- Provide accurate services Level of Effort scoping using internal Level of Effort (LOE) tool
- As a subject matter expert, provide technical leadership and project oversight for more junior team members
- Provide peer reviews of implementations, configurations, and documentation for team members
- Engage in continuous learning to stay abreast of new trends and emerging technologies within focus areas
- Obtain vendor-related certifications to enhance professional development and our corporate standing with vendors
Qualifications & Interests
- Minimum of 10 years experience working for an IT consulting organization designing, configuring, and troubleshooting secure wired and wireless networks
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience
- Multiple relevant industry certifications such as PCNSE, PCCSE, CCIE, CCNP, CCDP, etc
- Converged wired and wireless networking (Cisco/Meraki, Juniper, Arista, HPE Aruba)
- Advanced routing and switching experience (Cisco/Meraki, Juniper, Arista, HPE Aruba)
- Current relevant Firewall and NGFW experience (Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet, Cisco ASA & Firepower, Juniper SRX)
- Experience with NAC solutions (Cisco ISE/NAC, HPE Aruba ClearPass), Micro-Segmentation (Cisco ACI, Illumio, Guardicore, VMware NSX), SD-WAN (Palo Alto Prisma Access, Cloudgenix, Cisco Viptela, VMware Velo Cloud), and SASE Framework related concepts such as DLP, SWG, CASB, ZTNA, etc.
- Load Balancing experience with one or more current, relevant technologies (F5 LTM/GTM, A10, Citrix NetScaler)
- Experience with other relevant technologies, including (but not limited to) IP address subnetting, DHCP, DNS, and Network security policy and testing (802.1x)
- Previous experience designing technology solutions for companies and understanding how clients use technology to meet business objectives
- Deep experience in building, selling, and delivering Professional Services
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills with an ability to present technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong work experience with online productivity tools
- Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and translate them into technical implementations
- Ability to mix deep technical expertise with simple, everyday language to deliver a story that is memorable, educational, and useful
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with excellent time management skills, and able to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, high-volume, and evolving work environment.
- Ability to approach customer and sales requests in a proactive and consultative manner; listen and understand user requests and needs and effectively deliver
- Comfortable managing multiple and changing priorities and meeting deadlines in an entrepreneurial environment with little oversight
- Motivated self-starter who loves to troubleshoot and solve challenging problems and feels comfortable working directly with customers
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan, 529 college savings plan, life insurance, and AD&D
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance (where we don’t encourage fun and relaxation time; we require it)
- To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.