|Published||November 10, 2023|
Work Where it Matters
Akima Systems Engineering (ASE), an Akima company, is not just another federal systems support contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At ASE, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 I upiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , ASE provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , ASE delivers solutions in maritime IT, systems engineering, and integration across the Department of Defense and stands ready to help improve operational performance at a reasonable and sustainable cost.
As an ASE employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
The Senior Cisco Network Engineer will be responsible for overseeing and managing the Cisco network infrastructure as outlined by the customer. This role demands a high level of expertise in Cisco networking technologies, ensuring the seamless operation and security of the network infrastructure.
- Design, implement, and manage Cisco network infrastructures, ensuring optimal performance and security.
- Collaborate with the IT team to develop and implement network solutions that meet the requirements specified by the customer.
- Provide technical leadership in the resolution of complex network issues, leveraging expertise in Cisco technologies.
- Develop and maintain documentation of the network infrastructure, including diagrams, configurations, and operational procedures using Microsoft Visio.
- Work closely with the security team to ensure the network infrastructure is compliant with security policies and standards.
- Mentor and train junior network engineers, fostering a culture of continuous learning and development.
- Must have a current Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) certification.
- At least 5 years of DoD network engineering experience or 8 years total of network engineering experience.
- Must have experience managing Cisco routers and switches.
- Must have experience managing Cisco firewalls Firepower, Cisco ACI, and ISE.
- Must have experience managing Palo Alto firewalls.
- Must have experience utilizing SPLUNK, ACAS, and WhatsUp Gold.
- Must have experience managing F5.
- Must have experience supporting VMware NSX.
- Proficient using Microsoft Visio.
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to carry 40 pounds due to installations.
- Must have extensive DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) experience.
- Must have experience in Processing and resolving Trouble Ticket requests (e.x. Remedy, ServiceNow, GitHub/Lab Issues )
- Must possess an active Top-Secret clearance with the ability to obtain SCI access.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 571-###-#### (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Information Technology
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: ASE00668