|Published||September 8, 2022|
Senior Technical Consultant (L6) - security
Submit your CV and any additional required information after you have read this description by clicking on the application button.
Perm - £55,000 - £75,000. + £10,000 bonus p/a paid quarterly
remote role with occasional travel to the office ( either London, Manchester or Peterborough)
The role of Senior Technical Consultant is to consult, design, plan and implement complex technical projects. To work closely with the Principal Technical Consultants and other technical teams. The Senior Technical Consultant will also support the Sales and Solutions teams to provide the technical expertise required to close sales opportunities and propose the current plan to better serve our customers. This will typically involve technical presentations, solution demonstrations, solution design/configuration, proposals, bid response documentation, Statement of Work creation, HLD and LLD documentation. Be eligible for Security Clearance and adhere to the business policies and GDPR Best practices.
Typical Deliverables for the Role
- Be an expert in the required Technologies for your section. Create and deliver: technical presentations, solution demonstrations, solution design/configuration, and proposal development. In depth knowledge of multiple technologies is a must.
- Acts as a mentor and technical escalation point in all areas where they are considered a subject matter expert, providing expert-level knowledge and peer-level review in respect of issue resolution, standards, design, best practice, delivering quality and reference target architectures.
- Working closely with Account Managers, Project Managers, Solution Architects, Customers and other parts of the business as required.
- Design and Deliver implementation services across a wide range of clients, technologies and requirements.
- Creation of technical documentation
oLow Level Designs
oHigh Level Designs
oStatement of Works (SoW)
- Design, implementation, migration and testing of technical solutions
- Creation and presentation of customer facing documentation
- Involvement and running of project design workshops
- Renew/upgrade required certifications
- Works with clients on assigned projects to identify commercially viable, technical, solutions to business problems and streamlining of business process.
- On behalf of a client and the business, takes responsibility for ensuring that assigned projects are executed and completed within agreed time, quality, scope and costs parameters and that an appropriate level of governance is applied to maintain and manage risks, changes and issues.
- Accountable as a lead technical role in one or more projects on which they are assigned, ensuring that solutions are adequately captured in a Statement of Work or Project Initiation Document, analysed, designed and delivered to recognised industry best practices.
- Manages one or more teams of consultants assigned to projects, for the duration of a project.
- To assist in the design of Proof of Concept scenarios, Type Approval activities in the business labs and for a client's needs
- To help in the creation of test type documentation and test scenarios.
- Ensures personal objectives and set KPI targets are met or exceeded.
- Proactively questions and evaluates existing systems, standards, documentation and procedures and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Accountable for embracing and enhancing the company's brand, and that of Operations and Professional Services, inside and outside of the business.
- Palo Alto
- Cisco Firepower / ASA
- Cisco ISE
- CCNP Security
- CCNP Enterprise
- Fortinet NSE4,5,6
- Palo Alto PCNSA
- Checkpoint CCSA
- VMWare NSX
- Cisco SDA
- Cisco ACI
- Checkpoint firewalls
- CCNP Enterprise
- Palo Alto PCNSE
- Fortinet NSE7
- Checkpoint CCSE
Knowledge & Experience
- Holds, maintains and continues to develop industry-recognised expert-level technical relevance through prior experience from being involved in delivering complex projects, appropriate vendor certifications, technical training in core and associated skills (multi-skilled), vendor relationships, industry awareness and attendance / participation in trade/vendor events.
- Is able to continually demonstrate exceptional skills in time-management, planning, sales and all types of communication
- Has proven extensive commercial awareness, able to protect the interests of the business in all aspects of professional services delivery.
- Is able to continually demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and experience of technical infrastructure hardware, software and solutions, as well as extensive expert-level technical experience in one or more relevant fields.
- Is able to continually demonstrate delivery of quality and consistency whilst delivering excellence and at the same time continuing to strive for improvement.
- Prior experience working in an IT Services organisation, IT channel, or value-added reseller.
If you are interested and have the desired skills and qualifications please apply now!
"In applying for this position, you consent to your personal data being shared with the specified employer and for your details to remain with GTS for as long as is necessary to process your application. See our Privacy Notice for full information
Global Technology Solutions is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.