|Date Posted||January 8, 2022|
A Sr. Data Communications Network Engineer’s main responsibility is to provide day-to-day support of the Company’s Wide Area
(WAN), Local Area (LAN) and Data Center networks. They support, monitor, and maintain network hardware and WAN
connectivity to ensure maximum operability. The Sr. Data Communications Network Engineer is responsible to install and maintain
PL locations networks. They manage and administrate the Company’s Network Services such as DNS, SNMP, Cisco,
and Aruba devices to ensure proper connectivity. The incumbent monitors network stability and performance; bring nonperforming
sites to the attention of management. They participate in DR testing and maintain detailed documentation of the primary
and redundant network infrastructure. A Sr. Data Communications Network Engineer will participate in multiple projects that have
department or division-wide implications and impact. Such efforts will require cross-function involvement with IT groups.
They are responsible for the creation of project plans, timelines, milestones, goals and ownership. The position requires
the ability to participate in after-hours tasks such as on-call responsibilities and organizational outage windows.
• Management, maintenance, updating, and support of the Company’s WAN - MPLS, SDWAN, IPSEC, LAN – Field &
Campus and Data Center networks – Cisco ACI, Cisco Nexus 9k, 5k, CAT 9k….
• Identification and correction of location network connectivity issues
• Understanding and execution of TCP/IP skills and IP address subnetting
• Manage traffic in and out of network hardware (routers) to ensure maximum utilization
• Participate in the development and planning of projects.
• Identify and recommend solution to meet customer needs and implement chosen solution.
• Manage projects from identification of need to implementation and ongoing monitoring of system/solution performance.
• Involved in analyzing system/software performance and adjust network specifications based on any identified problems
• Analyze network connectivity to ensure that hardware is utilized at its highest capacity
• Perform network analysis and disaster recovery planning and testing for the Company’s WAN environment.
• Communicate with client groups on a regular basis to determine needs
• Work closely with customer’s leadership and project team during scope development and option analysis phase.
• Manage the projects and/or solutions to client group expectations
• Associates degree required, advanced degrees preferred
• CCNA certification preferred or equivalent experience.
• 8+ years of functional experience
• 3-5 years of project management (including mid-to-large scale projects, and managing multiple projects at one time)
• Experience and full fluency in the following hardware/software:
- Cisco networking devices (Routers, Switches, Wireless Access Points, and WLSE)
- Cisco Operating Platforms (IOS, IOS/XE, SDWAN)
- Aruba Access Points and Switches. Aruba Air Wave and Aruba Central
- Infoblox IP Management - DNS, DHCP, IPAM
- SolarWinds SNMP Network Management/Monitoring Toolset
- MPLS Technologies
- Site-to-Site IPSEC VPN implementations
- BGP & EIGRP experience
- IP Addressing schemes.
- Bandwidth / Circuit monitoring tools (i.e. NetFlow Tracker)
- Microsoft office applications (including Visio)
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske
employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal
history), and drug screening is required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain
information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning, and execution in transportation, warehousing, and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.