|Published||November 19, 2022|
Ashburn Consulting, a Small Business based in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, specializes in providing network and network security solutions in complex environments to a select set of government and business clients. The company, an established leader in its field, is composed of an elite team of engineers and business consultants, each of whom is recognized -and highly regarded-within the network and security communities.
The Senior Lead Network-Security Engineer will provide professional network and security engineering services for a new private cloud environment.
This project will encompass the full life-cycle design and deployment of a scalable data center and private cloud environment for state-wide access for higher education universities. Experience with Cisco powered network featuring Cisco ACI on Nexus 9000 series data center switches, Cisco Firepower firewalls at the perimeter of the network, an SDWAN component for remote site connectivity, as well as other Cisco core routers and switches to round-out the preliminary design.
This position will serve as the lead engineer to plan, finalize IP design, deploy, troubleshoot, and support the data center. Ability to attend meetings, report on status, remain flexible and adaptive to changes in scope and direction of the project - to include additional state-wide agency and/or network and application integrations, etc.
The lead engineer will need to be able to work within an expanding team to support operations and ensure the services to the data center network are not impacted. The individual will need to communicate solutions to leadership and be able to explain the pros and cons of a given solution from a technical and business aspect.
The individual must be able to work under pressure and be able to prioritize demand, based on outage impact or project impact to the client. This is a hands-on engineering position that will support all critical areas on the enterprise network include the data center, Internet edge and DMZs, WAN/SDWAN, Cloud connectivity, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in technical field or equivalent, plus 8-10 years related
- CCIE, CCNP, and/or other Security related certifications
- At least 8-10 years of experience in Network and Security related technical work.
- In-depth knowledge of the following areas: Data Center Networking and Enterprise Perimeter Security designs and products including: Cisco ACI and Cisco Firepower firewalls
- Experience with IP internetworking, LAN Switching Protocols (Multi-layer Switching, CEF, Trunking (802.1Q), STP, HSRP, LACP/PAGP), IP Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, MP-iBGP)
- Proficient with Cisco routers and Switching CLI including: IOS, IOS-XE, IOS-XR, NX-OS
- Experience in preparing, planning, and designing, implementing, and optimizing Security solutions and a broader understanding of Cyber Security industry trends
- Fluency in a wide range of Security protocols including TCP/IP, VPN, IPS/IDS, Admission Control, Content Security, SIEM, encryption protocols
- Data Center Layer 2 overlays for example VXLAN, EVPN
- Layer 2 security features for example port security, MACsec, ACL, private VLANs
- Network management protocols for example PTP, NTP, DNS, DHCP
- Experience with public clouds, including both IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS is preferred, with AWS and Azure specific experience highly desired.
- Must be able to pass Public Trust level background investigation
- Ability to work independently and provide problem-solving and integration solutions within unique networks environments with mixed protocols
- You will provide support to engineers from multiple teams as well as the field and aids them in problem resolution.
- Ability to work on sophisticated and diverse network environments where analysis, imagination, and innovative troubleshooting skills are required
- Visio experience and ability to discover and document As-built network diagrams
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain complex issues to management level, Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment, and Time management skills
- Must be willing to work typical network maintenance window hours and provide customer need on-call support
- Consulting experience is preferred, Presentation skills required
- Desire to work on multiple customer and project preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status
Ashburn Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request and accommodation in order to apply for a position with Ashburn Consulting, please e-mail [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]."