|Published||November 17, 2022|
GovCIO is a team of transformers-people who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation that improves governmental operations each day.
But we can't do it alone. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and diversified work culture. Because different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We're changing the face of I.T. - from our diverse staff to the end-products we develop. And we're excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be a transformer?
We are seeking Senior Network Architecture Engineers to participate in a team that will provide 24x7 mission-critical network operations services to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in support of more than 45,000 users. As a member of our team, you will help to ensure the reliability and security of this FIPS security categorized "High" network.
As a member of the Network Architecture Team, you will work alongside the Operations Team (responsible for 365x24x7 enterprise network operations) and Security Team (responsible for enterprise network security).
The role's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Deliver high-quality Network Design and Development, Site to Site Virtual Private Network (VPN), Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM), Trusted Internet Connection (TIC), Network Backbone, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Wide Area Network (WAN), IP Address Management (IPAM), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Out of Band(OOB), and Cloud Network Services in compliance with project SLAs
* Software and hardware installation, configuration, upgrades, and maintenance
* Team with the Network Security Section to achieve security architecture requirements
* Maintain technical architecture documentation
* Troubleshooting and problem resolution
* Change management
* Support resources responsible for security implementation, monitoring, maintenance, and vulnerability remediation
* Contribute to strategic planning and proof of concept efforts
* Assist in preparation of training materials and user guides
* Develop and implement benchmarking for network performance
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related discipline and have at least one of the Cisco CCIE certifications, both the written and practical. Within each of the Cisco Certifications, the following specializations are needed and listed in order of importance: Routing and Switching, Service Provider, Data Center, and Wireless OR Experience required is 10-plus years in Network Services and a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related disciplines
* SME in Enterprise level facilities network security
* SME in industrial control systems
* Possess current basic network certifications
* Practical application of current/emergent technologies
* Detailed skills and experience delivering network services, including all aspects of operations, maintenance, and change management
* In-depth knowledge and expertise applying data-driven practices and tools to deliver, manage and optimize service level and performance arrangements for customer relationship management, performance management and IT network services domains
* Outstanding written and oral communications skills, and the demonstrated ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
* Duties may require traveling, being on call periodically, and occasionally working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends)
* Must be able to gain a government Public Trust clearance
* Knowledge of and experience with technical tools such as Science Logic One, RedSeal, LiveNX, AlgoSec, Net LineDancer, Graphana, StealthWatch, ZEN (Government-Off-The-Shelf), PerSonar, Cisco ISE, Cisco APIC/ACI Cluster Management, Cisco AnyConnect, Cisco DNA, SecureCRT, Infoblox, Network Traffic Generator, Network Packet Capture, TACACS, Riverbed, Gigamon, VMWare VSphere, Struxerware, xMatters, NetScout Air Magnet, Cisco Sourcefire, Palo Alto Wildfire, F5 Big IP, RedHat, Radware DDOS, Tenable, Active Directory, and Splunk
* Experience with and knowledge of the NIH operational environment and network infrastructure
* Experience with Agile IT, ITIL, and continuous improvement practices
* ITIL Certification
COVID Policy: New employees will be required to adhere to the Company's and its clients' COVID-19 safety procedures. In the event that the COVID-19 vaccination mandate for Federal Contractors is enforced, you must become fully vaccinated or request and be approved for an exemption. Employees working onsite at a client location must comply with our client's COVID-19 requirements.
GovCIO is a team of professionals who want to make a difference. And that can only happen with a diverse, happy, and cared-for team. So, we prioritize your well-being, equity for all and look for ways to make work a better place for each of us every day.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religious affiliation, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability status. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disabled