|Published||August 4, 2022|
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our team to be based in London,UK!
Your role will involve design, implementation, upgrades and diagnosis alongside the network engineering team. Acting as a technical guide you will have responsibility for participating in incident response as part of the wider IT operations team and with the Global Network/Infrastructure teams.
The role will also incorporate design, implementation and L3\L4 troubleshooting of projects\tasks of network engineer team, whilst ensure all excellent standards' work are achieved within Service Level Agreements and Change Control processes.
The role is a shift based and will rotate within the hours of 8am-6pm Monday to Friday. Some out of hours work can take place out these set hours, weekends. You may on occasion have to travel to one of the regional offices when required.
- Work on Network Engineering projects from design all the way to implementation and ensure they are delivered in line with global standards
- L3\L4 Technical fault finding and network incident management
- Support IT colleagues with resolving a mixture of 2nd and 3rd line tickets
- Provide diagnosis and resolution of network incidents. Ensure resolutions are fit for purpose and implemented in a safe and controlled manner
- Maintain and ensure high levels of network availability and resilience
- Take action on internal policies and procedures in accordance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, good governance and Gallagher's shared values, in particular, putting clients at the heart of our business
- Any additional duties & responsibilities that may reasonably be encouraged to be undertaken
- Implement changes in an appropriate, controlled manner and deploy and maintain corporate standards
- Make sure that CMDB (change management database) / documentation is kept up to date
- Ensure work is carried out to the appropriate quality and company standards and timescales
Your Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Cisco CCNP\CCIE certification
- Expert level knowledge of Cisco IOS (R&S) including switch stacks, and Core Switches , Routers and related technologies
- Very good knowledge of Cisco DC technology stack - Cisco ACI\Nexus, Cisco WAAS, Cisco NXOS experience (desirable)
- Very good understanding in the implementation and troubleshooting Cisco Wireless technologies and products, Cisco ISE
- Industry best-practise for establishing and maintaining firewall security policies. Cross platform diagnosis skills using industry tools and techniques
- Hands-on experience of: Cisco ASA, setup, implement, troubleshoot and manage VPNs
- Hands on experience on Palo Alto Firewalls will be a huge advantage
- Strong discovery and documentation skills and other network/telephony qualifications would be an advantage
- Working with other technical teams and technology specialists
- Able to explain Network/Telephony concepts clearly to a technical or non-technical audience
- Able to adhere to existing processes and procedures at all times
- Ability to identify and suggest improvements, and provide input into the team roadmap comfortable with learning new skills and technologies as the need arises
- Root cause analysis and low-level troubleshooting ( packet capture)
- Ability to lead an incident investigation through to timely resolution and forward planning and ability to manage sophisticated implementations.
- Experience of managing change, innovation & targeted service delivery.
- Must have hands-on experience in large-scale 24/7 enterprise environments hosting hundreds of servers, complex networks and multiple locations.
- Knowledge and experience in high performance enterprise class computing environments.
- Extensive hands-on experience in the implementation of network infrastructure based services, including high availability, site security and disaster recovery.
- Eligible to work in the UK, occasional travel between locations will be required, with some overnight stays.
What we offer you:
We want Gallagher to be the organisation that all our people are proud to be a part of and where everyone can call themselves one of our team. Where our culture is embracing of difference, where you can be the best and, perhaps most importantly, be yourself.
We are all different in some way. If we were all the same, and all thought the same, we would be vulnerable as a group. By welcoming and encouraging diverse opinions and backgrounds within our organisation, we will have a healthier, more innovative and ultimately more profitable business.
If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to join, we'd love to hear from you. If you require flexibility for a role you are applying for, give us a call to chat through the options.
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture motivated by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
As a member of our global brokerage team, you'll help our clients address risk, protect assets and recover from losses.
Our employing entity, Arthur J. Gallagher Services (UK) Limited, is proud to be accredited as a Living Wage employer with the Living Wage Foundation. Gallagher is committed to diversity of opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender or gender identity, marital status, civil partnership status, parental status, race, ethnicity, colour, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion/ belief, age and those with caring responsibilities.