Senior Network Engineer (CISCO)
|Published||May 20, 2023|
Immediate long term contract opportunity for Senior Network Engineer with direct client in Baltimore, MD.
Trigyn's direct government client has a long-term need for Senior Network Engineer in Baltimore, MD.
The Senior Network Engineer supports, monitors, tests, and troubleshoots network hardware and software problems pertaining to the client's network operations. The Senior Network Engineer schedules and performs network maintenance, performs installation configuration, repairs and support.
The Senior Network Engineer supports all switches, routers, firewalls and Ethernet technology. The Senior Network Engineer assists with network design duties as assigned. The Senior Network Engineer possesses a thorough understanding of LAN/WAN/Wireless architectures and designs, cloud networking and mobile networking.
Education and Experience:
• Approximately ten (10) years’ experience working in a large organization with over 3,000 users and over 10,000 network end points.
• Approximately ten (10) years’ experience with Cisco routing/switching, configuration/implementation involving Cisco Nexus, Catalyst core, distribution and access layer switches.
• Approximately ten (10) years’ experience with protocols and network troubleshooting.
• Approximately ten (10) years’ experience with network visualization tools (e.g. Cisco Nexus VDC, VRF).
• Approximately two (2) years’ experience with Cisco ACI.
• Approximately five (5) years’ experience with Cisco ISE.
• Approximately five (5) years’ experience with 802.1x in a wired and wireless environment.
• Experience with Cisco DNA Center.
• Experience with Cisco wireless products.
• Experience with Cisco UCS network and ACI integration.
• Experience with VMware virtualization.
• Experience with Cisco ASA and Firepower Firewalls.
• Experience with OSPF.
• Experience with Infoblox.
• Experience with F5 networks.
• Associate Degree and/or related Technical Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a Technology related discipline preferred. (Years experience may be considered as a substitute for a degree at the discretion of department).
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) highly desirable.
• Completes configuration, installation and support of network equipment to the specifications of department.
• Maintains network through regular maintenance.
• Maintains configuration and support documentation.
• Manages assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
• Supervises the administration of systems and servers to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
• Maintains multi-site network operations, software applications and operating systems through regular maintenance.
• Troubleshoots malfunctions of hardware, software applications and security systems to resolve operational issues. Restores services when required.
• Develops mobility solutions.
• Troubleshoots user and computer-based certificate authentication issues.
• Plays an active role in building test beds, conducting verification and validation testing.
• Designs, deploys and troubleshoots IP and wireless networks such as IP network security, certification, authentication, enterprise IP networking, IP network management, remote access, and network access controls.
• Travels within the Baltimore City boundaries as required to install and troubleshoot network related issues.
• Passion: The ideal candidate will have a deep passion for all things related to IT and networking. The candidate must be continuously learning about new technologies and best practices as they relates to the job role.
• Communication skills: able to communicate in a clear, articulate, and professional manner on a daily basis via written and oral communications with customer contracting representatives, employees, and subcontract/teaming partner contracting organizations.
• Interpersonal and Customer Relations skills: able to maintain a professional and courteous attitude with employees and third-party individuals at all times to resolve conflicts and address any issues within the contractual structure and regulations.
• Planning/Organizational skills: able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and work through projects in a self-motivated manner balancing efforts between contracts, vendor agreements, and pricing requests.
• Adaptability: able to adapt to rapid changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Problem-solving skills: able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgment on a regular basis in making decisions.
• Time Management skills: able to use time effectively in a semi-supervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced in volume; able to complete projects in a timely manner.
BALTIMORE CITY RESIDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
TRIGYN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
About Trigyn: Trigyn is an IT Services Company that has been in business for 30 years with more than 1,500 resources deployed today. Trigyn is ISO 9001:2015, ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS) and CMMI Level 5 Certified. Trigyn is an E-Verify Employer.