|Published||May 6, 2022|
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges-and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day-working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE-and make a difference with us. Do you have a background in network technologies? Do you have a passion for learning and developing new technologies in an enterprise environment? Do you have knowledge of IP networks? Do you have experience with classified network environments? Do you understand why cloud, scalability, network automation, and data-driven decisions are important? MITRE's Network Engineering team is currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer to create and deliver engineering design and implementation plans to meet MITRE and Sponsors' data communication needs in MITRE's data centers. The Senior Network Engineer will drive the service delivery process in the data center space by enabling customers to use automation for zero-touch network deployment. This individual will bridge the gap between on premises data center solutions and public/private cloud solutions. Engineering designs must be flexible and scalable to support the network services for both on premises and cloud-based implementations. This is a great opportunity to work in a team environment where you will be part of the engineering group that supports both our corporate enterprise infrastructure and enables sponsor-facing projects. Responsibilities include: * Collaborate effectively with other IT disciplines (e.g., Storage, Platform, Application) to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
* Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
* Drive enhancements through full life-cycle from concept to final implementation and support.
* Participate in disaster recovery development, exercises, and actual events.
* Collaborate with staff to support quality and maintainable systems.
* Contribute directly to the technical work of one or more projects.
* Participate in 24x7 oncall rotation and assist in resolving issues outside normal business hours.
* Maintain systems and documentation as needed for audits and compliance.
* Strong desire to keep technical skills current and remain abreast of emerging technologies.
* Keep abreast of industry white papers & informed of industry direction and best practices.
* Capable of lifting 20 lbs. Minimum Qualifications: * Bachelor's degree or minimum of 7 years of equivalent experience.
* Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances. Required Qualifications: * 5-7 years of experience with networking technologies and core Internet protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF, MPLS-VPN, VXLAN/EVPN, DMVPN, vPC, and distributed networks).
* 2-3 years hands-on experience with designing and implementing data center fabric solutions using Cisco ACI technology.
* Good knowledge and hands-on experience with VXLAN/EVPN
* In-depth understanding of networking to include routing, switching, network monitoring and management.
* Good knowledge and hands-on experience in one of the following automation techniques: Ansible, Terraform, Python, Rest API's, and other related technologies.
* Familiarity with network automation leveraging Python, Ansible, JSON, Terraform,
* Good experience in designing, configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting these various network technologies and protocols.
* Good experience using Application Programming Interface (APIs) and API Gateways
* Obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level security clearance. Knowledge or understanding of: * Agile framework or scrum teamwork environment.
* Proactive, independent problem-solver who likes to be challenged, continuously learning.
* Ability to work and communicate effectively with remote teams.
* Strong interpersonal, collaboration, written and verbal communication skills PreferredQualifications: * Experience working and integrating open-source frameworks/products as well as deploying open-source packages and/or application stacks into environment with multi-core, multithreaded, and distributed systems.
* Knowledge of network configuration protocols - NETCONF, YANG, REST-CONF, etc. a plus. This requisition requires the candidate to have a minimum of the following clearance(s): Secret This requisition requires the hired candidate to have or obtain, within one year from the date of hire, the following clearance(s): None Subject to all federal and state laws, rules and regulations, MITRE requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. MITRE will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who are legally entitled to an exemption under applicable laws so long as it does not create an undue hardship for MITRE and/or does not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of the employee or others in the workplace. MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of age; ancestry; color; family medical or genetic information; gender identity and expression; marital, military, or veteran status; national and ethnic origin; physical or mental disability; political affiliation; pregnancy; race; religion; sex; sexual orientation; and any other protected characteristics. For further information please visit the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission website EEO is the Law Poster , EEO is the Law Poster-Supplement and Pay Transparency . MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE's employment process, please contact MITRE's Recruiting Help Line at 703-983-8226 or email at . Copyright 1997-2021, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only. Benefits information may be found here