|Date Posted||November 12, 2020|
- Design and deploy Data Center Networks utilizing industry best practices and Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure and Nexus 9k platforms.
- Develop and implement a migration platform from traditional data center network designs to the policy-based infrastructure.
- Create Low and Hight Level Design, Implementation Plan, and Acceptance Test Plan
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee/perform new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Lead Proof-of-Concept development
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 10+ years in a highly technical role that spans multiple disciplines
- Expert-level knowledge in the areas of IP internetworking, LAN Switching Protocols (MLS, CEF, VLAN (802.1Q), STP, HSRP, LACP/PAGP), IP Routing protocols (IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- Experience configuring and deploying enterprise-class networks, including the following products:
- Cisco Nexus 7k/5k/2k Switches
- Cisco Nexus 9k Switches
- Cisco ASR / ISR Routers
- Cisco NCS Platform
- Palo-Alto Firewalls
- F5 Big-IP Appliances
- Hands-on experience with Cisco APIC and developing REST API calls
- Experience with logical design models (L2/L3, Spanning tree, VRF, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling)
- Hands-on experience on the Fabric Access Policy including how to create switch policies, interface policies, AEPs, Physical and External Domains
- Hands-on experience on Fabric Discovery Activity including Out of Band Configuration, Verifying the APIC Health, Verifying the LEAF Health, and Verifying remote access to all the out of band management devices
- Strong Experience with ACI Multi-Site
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Solid understanding of the end-to-end IT process, including architecture, design & engineering, implementation, and operations
- Sound understanding of Virtualization, and Application Centric Infrastructure
- Implement SR-IOV based network appliance
- Hands-on experience on how to create different application policies in the ACI including Tenants, Application Network Profile (ANP), End Point Group (EPG), Contracts, Subjects, and Filters
- Experience with virtualization platform: VMware, vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Entry-level experience with Python programming and object-oriented design
- Familiarity with software version management tools such as Git/GitHub.
- Experience with end-to-end QoS deployments across Enterprise and Service Provider WAN
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.