Solution Architect -Data Center
|Published||May 27, 2023|
The Solutions Architect for Data Centers high-level design guidance to the Data Center Team and provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer's data center automation needs, while improving profitability for CX delivery teams. Special emphasis in this role is on Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure, (ACI.) You'll work in a highly technical role, and you may be asked to support various US and global customers. Your expertise in ACI, Cisco's SDN solution for data Centers, is your key to success in this position.
From the Hiring Manager:
"Expert level of ACI skill is required. The Network Consulting Engineer will be expected to lead (without oversight from another engineer or with detailed runbooks,) a lot of complex ACI configurations in terms of inter VRF routing through firewalls, and service chaining."
- Provide consultant level support for Cisco ACI in a data center environment
- Provide Network Optimization Services for UCS HW, Redhat OS, UCS Central in a Service Provider network
- Perform Software and Firmware upgrades
- Deliver operation and optimization services for Data Center products and solutions
- Solve complex, multi-functional issues that cross many technologies in network, server, storage, O/S, virtualization, consolidation, middleware, security, applications, operations, content switching, caching and/or content delivery networks, and security
- Apply good analytic process to help bring any issue to resolution
- Conduct Certification testing, HLD and Migration strategies using various options that are aligned and revised to meet the customers' business objectives
- Participate in DC / Cloud infrastructure (network, storage, and compute) migrations
- Establish trusted advisor relationship with customer management and teams on Data Center infrastructure and future technology trends
- Mitigate security vulnerabilities
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Will work remotely
- On occasion may work from client location
- Willing to potentially work extra hours and travel on short notice
- Ability to work under aggressive project timelines
Required Education / Experience and Competencies:
- Requires BSCS / BE / BTech degree or equivalent 8+ years of related experience in Data Center support, preferably working with a service provider
- Good technical knowledge of the Cisco ACI, SDN Data Center and its components: applications, storage, network, server and projects surrounding their planning, design, implementation, operation, and optimization
- Expert level experience with Cisco's Data Center Product Line: ACI, Nexus Products (N7K, N5k, N2k, N1kV), Catalyst products (95xx, 65xx, 49xx switches) and UCS/Virtualization
- Knowledge of virtualization tools and concepts.
- Architectural knowledge of Three-Tiered application environments.
- Experienced familiarity with cloud computing concepts including virtualization, web services API's, elastic infrastructure, distributed data storage (database, block, object), multi-tenancy, and metered usage patterns.
- Storage technologies: file (NAS), block (SAN), object storage, transport (FCoE, iSCSI, etc), replication, backup, and performance. Programmatic control of infrastructure elements (data model, API), integration frameworks and technologies (SP-style).
- CCIE certification in Data Center, Service Provider or Routing Switching discipline is preferred
- Proven experience and advanced knowledge in the following major areas of Service Provider environments: Routing & Switching Platforms and Datacenter Platforms, with familiarity of a number of their software and advanced features
- Strong Experience and knowledge in the Enterprise and Service Provider environments with expert level of internetworking and solution troubleshooting in these complex environment
- You will have good Networking and Data Center design skills, with strong current knowledge of networking fundamentals and good experience in Professional/Consulting Services or high-level support
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in Overlay Solutions, Cloud and IT infrastructures plus automation and orchestration implementation. With a clear understanding and ability to communicate the latest market trends as Cisco will continue to partner and form eco-systems to deliver comprehensive solutions to our customer base
- Strong experience of technical consulting with demonstrable experiences of leading customers and their teams through the design and implementation of new complex technologies that are core to their business
- Self-motivated with solid technical leadership and collaboration skills with excellent written, oral communication and listening skills communication skills to interact with various levels within a customers' organization
- Large scale Service Provider Network Design and Implementation background with a track record of leading technical teams throughout the Plan, Design and Implementation lifecycle
- Expertise in IOS/IOS-XR
- Expert knowledge and experience of Ethernet Switching, VLANs, VTP, STP, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, VSS, VPC, REP, G8032, VXLAN MPLS, MPLS VPN (L2VPN, L3VPN, Inter AS, CsC), OSPF, BGP, MVPN (Draft Rosen) and Traffic engineering
- Hands-on knowledge of technologies Segment Routing, EVPN/VXLAN, MACSEC, ASR9K core design and migration, WAN Automation Engine and Cisco Crossworks
- Good interpersonal skills, Excellent communicator, Self-Motivated and Team player
- Fluent in English