|Date Posted||September 15, 2020|
As a member of the Pre-Sales Engineering Team, you will be responsible for meeting with Presidio’s customers, collecting requirements for business solutions related to network and security projects, and developing engineering solutions for sale to Presidio customers.
A successful Networking Solutions Architect (SA) should be able to present and explain various network infrastructure technologies (LAN/WAN, Data Center Switching, Security, SD-WAN) to customers, guide them through requirements gathering, and formulate a solution consisting of hardware, software, licensing, and engineering services.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and understanding of enterprise class solutions from partners such as Cisco, F5, Palo Alto, VMware and other network infrastructure manufacturers. Successful candidates will have a solid grasp of network design principles based on industry best practices.
- Develop high-level technical solutions and present to customers (Hardware, Software, Licensing, Professional Services)
- Collect business and technical requirements
- Complete end-to-end, full lifecycle network designs
- Drive whiteboard conversations
- Craft customer facing presentations
- Delivering technical presentations and product demonstrations
- Generate hardware configurations (BoM)
- Write statements of work (SoW) and develop Professional Service pricing utilizing Presidio tools.
- Ability to self-pace and self-set direction in a team environment to drive business
- Work with Account Executive/Extended Sales Teams to develop customer relationship and solutions and assist in overall sales process
- Maintain and develop technical and technology specific skill sets and certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- 5+ years of experience, which demonstrates a significant level of expertise in enterprise class network and security solutions.
- One or more of the following certifications: CCNA/CCDA/CCNP and other non-Cisco certifications are highly preferred.
- Experience with office productivity software and diagramming software such as MS Visio or Lucidchart.
- Experience in a Value Added Reseller (VAR) environment also preferred
- Expert-level knowledge and experience with design, implementation and support of the following is highly preferred:
- Complex routing and switching solutions (Cisco, Arista, HP)
- Firewalls/VPNs (Cisco, Palo Alto, Fortinet, etc.)
- Load balancing/Acceleration solutions (Cisco, F5, Netscaler)
- Network Access Control, including Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) implementation design, configuration.
- IDS/IPS solutions (Cisco, Tipping Point, etc. are helpful)
- Authentication solutions including Cisco ACS and RSA
- SDN solutions such as Cisco ACI and VMware NSX
- SDWAN solutions such as Cisco Viptela, Citrix Netscaler, VMware Velocloud, etc.
- Cisco Wireless (preferred)
- Palo Alto NGFW (preferred)
A successful Solutions Architect will be able to demonstrate technical and design expertise based on past/present experience in deployment, administration, configuration, or integration. Experience working as a consultant or network architect is desirable.
- Cisco and standards based network design principals
- IP Routing, Router & Switch sizing
- Advanced Network Design & Architecture
- Branch Site Design
Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Cloud and Security solutions to create agile, secure infrastructure platforms for its customers. We deliver this technology expertise through a full life cycle model of professional, managed, and support services including strategy, consulting, implementation and design. By taking the time to deeply understand how our clients define success, we help them harness technology advances, simplify IT complexity and optimize their environments today while enabling future applications, user experiences, and revenue models. As of June 30, 2019, we serve approximately 7,900 middle-market, large, and government organizations across a diverse range of industries. Approximately 2,900 Presidio professionals, including more than 1,600 technical engineers, are based in 60+ offices across the United States in a unique, local delivery model combined with the national scale of a $3.0 billion dollar industry leader. We are passionate about driving results for our clients and delivering the highest quality of service in the industry. For more information visit: www.presidio.com.
Our Digital Infrastructure solutions help make existing IT infrastructure more efficient, while equipping our clients for a cloud-flexible, mobile-ready, highly secured, insight-driven future. Given the millions of potential configurations across these technologies, our clients rely on our expertise to simplify a highly complex IT landscape, helping to identify and deploy the solutions most appropriate for their business needs. Our Digital Infrastructure solutions scale from workgroup to the largest enterprise requirements.
We help our clients take cloud strategy and adoption to the next level. Through our advanced cloud solutions practice, combined with Presidio’s IT infrastructure expertise, we provide private, hybrid, and multi cloud solutions. By closely aligning our services and solutions with our strategic partners Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Intel and VMware Presidio offers cloud strategy, architecture and implementation services along with application rationalization and migration across the hybrid and multi-cloud data center environment. In addition, our new and innovative Presidio Cloud Concierge solution provides a foundation for Automation and Self-Services across Clouds to improve productivity and drive increased levels of governance and security.
Rather than a “one size fits all” approach, or having to choose between public or private, Presidio tailors a hybrid cloud strategy to meet your unique business requirements. We help our clients accelerate and simplify cloud adoption across the entire IT lifecycle.
Our comprehensive security risk methodology gives customers the ability to safeguard their environments and critical business data. This includes continuous threat protection and risk mitigation through the Presidio Cyber Risk Management program, a next generation approach that integrates security strategy, assessments, architecture and remediation, and aligns all of these with organizational goals.
Presidio Cyber Risk Management provides clients with a holistic approach for effective security policies and procedures, risk assessment and management, regulatory compliance, incident response, and education and awareness. We use an established risk management methodology and proprietary risk scoring process to provide the IT leader and board of directors with an ongoing view of their organization’s risk exposure and remediation path.
Presidio is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about discrimination protections under Federal Law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf (Get Acrobat Reader)
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
Presidio is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services, please provide priority referrals to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE:
Agencies Please Note: Agencies may not submit any unsolicited candidate information to any employee of Presidio. Any candidate information received by any employee of Presidio will be considered property of Presidio, unless the submitting agency is an Authorized Vendor who has received a written request to perform recruiting services from a member of Presidio’s Talent Acquisition staff. No other Presidio staff member shall be authorized to engage an agency to perform recruiting services. Authorized Vendors have entered into written contracts with Presidio that have been reviewed and executed by the Vice President of Talent Acquisition. Payments will not be made to any agency who is not an Authorized Vendor (nor will they be made to any agency for performing unauthorized services).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)