|Location||Kansas City, MO|
|Date Posted||November 20, 2020|
Switches/Routing experience - Currently using 9300 catalyst line
Hardware - Nexus (9400, 93180)
Cisco ACI - Used for data center
Cisco Identify Server
Load Balancing - F5
Any Cisco certs are helpful
They are currently remote but want candidates to be "somewhat local" KC, Topeka, Wichita, STL, St Joe, Etc.
Understands and assist in technical strategies in the design, configuration and maintenance of LAN, WAN and wireless networks to ensure the stability, integrity and operational effectiveness and efficiency of network services. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the design, purchase, installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
o Participates in the design and configuration of internal and/or external networks as required for assigned projects, assuring that requirements are met.
o Apply business/customer requirements into network or process implementation.
o Supports network technology and configuration activities to ensure integration and alignment with other IT technology, systems, applications, and environment.
o Assist in development, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
o Uses planning skills to manage and complete projects on time and on budget.
Participate in testing software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
o Participate and assist in approaches to accomplish departmental goals, while maintaining alignment and compliance with business goals, corporate IT standards, strategy and Service Level Agreements.
o Assist vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
o Assists in network technology and configuration activities to ensure integration and alignment with other IT technology, systems, applications, and environment.
o Provides technical support and guidance (Level 2) in troubleshooting network performance issues. Researches problems that cannot be resolved by routine procedures. Creates troubleshooting procedures, designing resolution scripts, workflows or flowcharts. Ensures timely resolution of problems
o Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
o Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
* Knowledge and ability to perform advanced administration on multiple company standard network technologies or similar platforms; such as Cisco enterprise LAN/WAN gear, F5 load balancing, Aruba wireless networking, and Checkpoint/Palo Alto security platforms.
* Understands and considers business goals, corporate IT standards, department strategy, service level agreements, EVA's and budgetary implications.
* Understands and considers and applies standard concepts, best practices and procedures related to LAN, WAN and wireless networks.
* Knowledge of established configuration management, network architecture development and project methodologies.
* Communicates effectively with all levels of employees, both technical and non-technical.
* Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with other departments.
* Effective project team member, at times assuming leadership roles for projects as required.
* Monitors emerging trends and evolving technologies, evaluating and understanding the implications for inclusion in department strategy.
* Takes the initiative to search for and identify alternative and/or innovative solutions to architecture problems.
* Uses planning skills to manage and complete projects on time and on budget.
* Quickly adapts to the demands inherent in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
* CCNP or similar certification highly desired and CCIE certification desired.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field and 4 years network engineering experience.
* 9 years network engineering experience.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.