|Published||May 12, 2022|
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $14 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
The Dish Technology Network Engineering (DTNE) team designs, implements and operates the Dish Technology's world class network infrastructure that support a wide range of services including Broadcast video, Over-the-top video (OTT), Content Delivery Network (CDN), and other data network services. We are looking for a highly talented and motivated Network Engineer to join our team to design and support all aspects of this cutting-edge, dynamic and rapidly growing network environment.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Design and implement next-generation networking technologies, Software Defined Networking (SDN) - Cisco ACI/NSO, Juniper Contrail/Apstra, VMWare NSX-T, Virtualization and Container Technologies - Kubernetes, Docker, Openshift
- Deploy and support large-scale multi-vendor production network in the broadcast center, datacenter and Point-of-Presence (POP) sites across national network footprint
- Provide Tier 3 escalated network support including performing fault management and problem resolution in a highly complex, mission critical network environment
- Track, analyze, and trend capacity on the broadcast network and datacenter infrastructure Perform network change management, support modifications, and maintenance to complex cutting-edge network infrastructure
- Perform network upgrade (Software & Hardware), maintenance, and repair work as needed while limiting production network impact and meeting the high-performance requirement of the environment
- Work closely with other departments, our vendor community, and network service providers to ensure problem resolution and minimize time to restoral
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 4+ years of progressive experience in large-scale network environments
- CCNP/CCIE/JNCIP/JNCIE certification or equivalent knowledge and experience
- High proficiency with Layer 3 routing and advanced routing technologies, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, and Layer 4-7 management
- Requires functional knowledge IP Multicast and large-scale OTT (Over-the-top) video technologies
- Must have hands-on experience with and working knowledge of the following equipment: Cisco Catalyst (7600s, 6500s, 3800, 9300, ASR, ACI/N9K), Juniper (QFX, MX-series, Contrail/Apstra)
- Advanced knowledge of data security firewalls and load balancing, including Cisco ASA firewalls, Check Point Firewalls, Palo Alto Firewalls, F5 load balancers, NginX, AVI, Citrix Netscaler and A10 load balancers.
- Experience in a technical leadership role with complex projects related to Layer 2 and Layer 3 in Cisco and Juniper networking environments (Cisco IOS/IOS-XR, NX OS, and JUNOS)
- Advanced design and implementation of the following concepts, VDC, VRF, Fabricpath, VXLAN, FCoE
- Experience and knowledge of next-generation networking technologies, SDN (Cisco ACI/NSO), Juniper Contrail/Apstra, VMWare NSX-T, Virtualization/Container architecture and management (Kubernetes, Docker, VMWare Tanzu, Red Hat Openshift, Rancher etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of the following technologies: IP Multicast, SRT, Video delivery over Video on Demand (VOD), Over-the-top (OTT), Content-delivery-Networks (CDN)
- Experience with AWS, Azure, GCP
- Excellent communication skills, effectively interact with management, vendors and customers and should be able to effectively communicate complex issues in a clear straightforward man
Compensation: $86,400.00/Year - $137,100.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website .
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.