|Published||July 22, 2022|
|Location||Fort Worth, TX|
Who We Are
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network features 75 locations across Fort Worth, with John Peter Smith Hospital --home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, only psychiatric emergency services site, and the largest hospital-based family medical residency program in the nation - and more than 40 community-based clinics. All told, our network employs more than 7,200 people.
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group featuring over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network. Specialties range from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim group formed around a common set of incentives and expectations supporting the operational, financial, and clinical performance
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality, compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
We're more than a hospital. We're 7,200 of the most dedicated people you could ever meet. Our goal is to make sure the people of our community get the care they need and deserve. As community stewards, we abide by three rules:
1. Own it.Everyone who wears the JPS badge contributes to our journey to excellence.
2. Seek joy.Every day, every shift, we celebrate our patients, smile, and emphasize positivity.
3. Don't be a jerk.Everyone is treated with courtesy and respect. Smiling, laughter, compassion - key components of our everyday experience at JPS.
When working here, you're surrounded by passion, diversity, and dedication. We look forward to meeting you!
Description: The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the hospital LAN, WAN and wireless networks. They will be responsible for various stages of the network development. This may include: design, analysis, configuration, testing and fixing issues with the network infrastructure or application components. Troubleshooting of Catalyst / Nexus switches, Wireless controllers, Access Points, ASR / ISR routers.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to the team for complex network configurations and Routing Protocols.
- Ensures networks are designed, installed and maintained for all JPS locations.
- Provides subject matter expertise to the Data Network Team Lead and Network Services Manager in the areas of data network design, capabilities, operation, and maintenance.
- Advanced troubleshooting on operational issues (L2, L3 Level).
- Analyzes traffic patterns and implement efficient data traffic routing logic to achieve better application response time.
- Evaluate new data network technologies that support the mission of JPS existing/proposed enterprise applications.
- Serves as a resource/liaison for the Network Services group to assist other HTS technical, operations and user support staffs.
- Participates in multi-discipline, technical workgroups in the implementation of new technology initiatives.
- Collaborates with the Voice Network team to implement converged solutions for voice services, and resolve VoIP operational issues.
- Implements data network solutions that increase the reliability and performance of new and existing enterprise applications.
- Maintains current network documentation.
- Configure and utilize a variety of network management tools (SolarWinds NMS, NCM, NetFlow).
- Reviews security and network logs and take action as required.
- Coordinates with outside vendors, including telecom, electrical, and wiring contractors to support projects, new construction, and incident resolution.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Engineering or related field of study from an accredited college or university.
- 5 plus years of experience as a Network Engineer or Wireless Network Engineer.
- 3 plus years of experience in ACI technology.
- 7 plus years of relevant work experience as a data network engineer in lieu of Bachelors Degree.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
If working with ACI:
- CCNA (R&S)
- Aruba Wi-Fi & Wi-Fi 6.0 with clear Pass
- Cisco catalyst switches and Nexus 5k, 7k, 9k and Cisco ACI
- OSPF, BGP
- VPNs, Authentication (TACACS, AAA, PKI), 802.1x, NAC (Cisco Client)
- Cisco ACI SDN
- Palo Alto firewalls
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
1400 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104