|February 9, 2024
|Greenwood Village, CO
Summary of Position
The Sr. Network Engineer is part of a highly skilled, experienced and dynamic team within Starz Engineering Technology. As a Sr. Network Engineer, you will play a crucial role in design and implementation of network infrastructure in support of all Starz segments. These include LAN, WAN, ACI, firewalls, internet, Wi-Fi, circuits and VPN services. The Sr. Network Engineer works closely with other technical teams to provide network services, including broadcast & production engineering, IT operations, information security, wireless, storage, VM, and cloud teams among others. This position ensures the availability, security, and performance of our network systems.
The Sr. Network Engineer is responsible for supporting network design, configuration, installation and troubleshooting of network issues within the Starz infrastructure.
Client Environment: The Sr. Network Engineer is also responsible for providing accurate and efficient support identifying and resolving network related problems. Additional responsibilities include responding to tickets (Slack/Servicenow), telephone calls, e-mail, and personnel requests while documenting, tracking, and monitoring issues to a timely resolution.
- Basic or intermediate programming skills and/or knowledge in Python, AWS tools, or other contemporary toolset/languages are a plus
- The position is responsible for configuring, installing, and troubleshooting network routers, switches, and firewalls within the Starz infrastructure. Includes configuration of port enabling, routing, and switch configuration, firewalls updates, and IP reservations
- Maintain and manage network (Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto..) routers, switches, firewalls, circuits, patch panels, IDF/MDF rooms and data centers
- Understand and troubleshoot issues for Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco ACI, Aruba Clearpass, Aruba Wireless, OPManager, NetBrain, and storage
- Understand business concerns and technology needs while identifying unique opportunities and develop independent solutions for client and company needs
- Lead and support Starz identified projects including, but not limited to, new technology rollouts and software/hardware upgrades to current systems. Manage deliverables associated with a project by prioritizing, tracking, and completing assigned tasks
- Excellent customer service, time management, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills and also the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Create and maintain documentation for all standard technical support policies, procedures, and practices
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Network Administration, Technical Communications, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or similar discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum five years technical experience in a Cisco, Cisco ACI, Juniper, Palo Alto, Aruba Clearpass, wireless, and storage environments
- Minimum five years in network administration including VLAN creation, routing, switching, IP management of EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, multicast, unicast, troubleshooting and network monitoring tools
- Hardware and software problem solving, use of Windows, Mac and Android operating systems, and Microsoft Office applications. Understanding of IT networking principles
- Demonstrated experience effectively collaborating with other departments (e.g. executives, facilities, public relations, creative services, and external partners)
- Solid knowledge and experience with network routing & switching
- Experience with: Cisco routers and switches (ACI, IOS-XE, NX-OS, IOS-XR, Cisco DNA)
- Experience with EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, multicast, unicast, layer 3 VPN
- Experience with Palo Alto firewalls
- Experience with Aruba Clearpass
- Experience with Aruba Wireless
- Experience with NetBrain, and OPManager
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 and Visio/AutoCAD
- Experience with F5 Storage LTM and Quantum
- Experience with new circuit deployment
- Experience with Broadcast or Media is preferred
STARZ (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company, is a leading media streaming platform committed to delivering premium content that amplifies narratives by, about and for women and underrepresented audiences. STARZ is home to the highly rated and first-of-its-kind STARZ app that offers the ability to stream or download STARZ premium content, as well as the flagship domestic STARZ service, including STARZ ENCORE, 17 premium pay TV channels, and the associated on-demand and online services. STARZ is available across digital OTT platforms and multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers, and telecommunications companies. In February 2021, STARZ launched #TakeTheLead, a multi-faceted and innovative inclusion initiative expanding its existing efforts to improve representation on screen, behind the camera and throughout the company.
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, STARZ has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including STARZ original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, STARZ is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underrepresented audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position STARZ at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, STARZ has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The company's international premium subscription service, LIONSGATE+, offers subscribers access to bold, curated storytelling around the world. LIONGATE+ has a footprint that extends across the globe and continues to expand its network of distribution partners. In addition to its LIONSGATE+ markets, it reaches audiences in the Middle East and North African region through STARZPLAY ARABIA and in South and Southeast Asia with Lionsgate Play. The proprietary and highly-rated STARZ app, a proven hit with U.S. audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
- Full Coverage - Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Annual discretionary bonus and merit increase
- Work/Life Balance - generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
- 401(k) company matching
- Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$95,400 - $149,300
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws. In addition, Lionsgate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Lionsgate will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.