Sr. Network Engineer – ACI
|Published||March 19, 2023|
Senior Network Engineer - ACI
Hybrid Work Model
Long term, renewable contract
Candidate will work as a member of a group responsible for support of IP data and telecommunications network connectivity within the enterprise. Candidate should have an advanced understanding of architecture and design issues in a complex enterprise network.
Various projects and areas of responsibility include the following:
- WAN/LAN network architecture, IPAM, mobile networking, data center network infrastructure, network services (e.g. DNS/DHCP), Internet/DMZ/VPN environments, network security (firewalls, IDS/IPS), as well as network monitoring, management, and performance tools and methods.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Depending on the project, some travel may be required.
A significant part of the required daily activities involves support of the existing network infrastructure in data centers.
Candidates must satisfy the majority of the following list of qualifications.
- Six years+ experience in an architect, design, operations/support, and/or project implementation role for a large enterprise network.
- 3+ years hands-on administration experience with a Cisco ACI network environment.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco network hardware including routers, switches, and security appliances.
- Knowledge of and experience with networking protocols and configurations including OSPF, BGP, HSRP, multicast, SIP, QoS, VLANs, and MPLS.
- Experience with implementation and support of Cloud based networking including security considerations.
- Experience with design and implementation of data center networks, including blade server environments, server virtualization, and extensive experience supporting Cisco ACI.
- Experience with the design of physical networks including fiber and copper cabling.
- Knowledge of and experience with network management systems.
- Familiarity with operating systems (Cisco IOS Cisco NXOS, LINUX, Windows) and scripting languages.
Candidates must satisfy most of the following list of desired skills.
- Ability to work effectively alone and as a member of a team to complete assignments.
- Must have the initiative to create structure and definition around a project, and to drive it through to successful completion.
- Advanced planning, critical thinking, and design skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency with creating and updating technical documentation.
- Experience in project management methodology.
- Ability to maintain focus on multiple projects concurrently.
Minimum two-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field desired. Four-year degree is preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.